2010 Usb

At least GM and other manufacturers are finally catching on. Aftermarket head units have had USBs for a while now. I have a Kenwood head unit. I originally got it because the USB would make it so I wouldn't have to change CDs while driving (at the time, my truck was a manual; I miss the 5spd). The only downfall to my setup is that it takes forever to navigate. Folders are organized alphabetically so going from A to T takes a long time, especially with a 4GB drive. Anyways, glad to see USB is now a factory option. Hope you guys figure something out. Good Luck!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both GMC and Chevy websites say USB standard on SLT/LTZ trucks. Did some searching on web and only found one hit to a NAV unit on e-bay claiming to be 2010 USB ready. Does anyone know if the 2010 Radio and NAV units are different than the 2009?

Got a link to that eBay unit? I'm curious to see if the part numbers listed are different than the '09 part I installed in my '08 Sierra....

Both GMC and Chevy websites say USB standard on SLT/LTZ trucks. Did some searching on web and only found one hit to a NAV unit on e-bay claiming to be 2010 USB ready. Does anyone know if the 2010 Radio and NAV units are different than the 2009?

Got a link to that eBay unit? I'm curious to see if the part numbers listed are different than the '09 part I installed in my '08 Sierra....

Try this LINK Let me know what you find because I'd like to add both NAV and USB to my 09.

I searched around on the web and found that Grom Audio (www.gromaudio.com) makes aftermarket adapters for OEM car stereos. They have USB adapters for other makes of autos, but not GM. I contracted them asking if and when they plan on producing a GM version. They told me: "Please check http://www.gromaudio.com/news.html in March/April." So there may be an option in the near future.

I searched around on the web and found that Grom Audio (www.gromaudio.com) makes aftermarket adapters for OEM car stereos. They have USB adapters for other makes of autos, but not GM. I contracted them asking if and when they plan on producing a GM version. They told me: "Please check http://www.gromaudio.com/news.html in March/April." So there may be an option in the near future.

Don't hold your breath man....I contacted them last June ('09) and they said "check back in August or September".

Both GMC and Chevy websites say USB standard on SLT/LTZ trucks.

It was std on my LT model

According to the website, it looks like USB comes with the Interior Plus Package which requires the CD Changer. Can't get on the GMC site right now. Did you option your truck this way?

Details on the package...

"Includes driver 6-way power seat adjuster, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and Bluetooth for phone. In order to choose this feature, you have also to add Audio System with CD Player and MP3 PlaybackAudio system feature, USB portBluetooth for PhoneDriver Seat AdjusterSteering wheel controls, mounted audio controls"

Details on the radio...

"AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc CD player, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack, USB port and 36 cross-band presets. In order to choose this feature, you have also to add Interior Plus PackageAudio system feature, USB port Bluetooth for Phone, Driver Seat Adjuster Steering wheel controls, mounted audio controls"

OK - I took one for the team here and just ordered the 2010 NAV unit off e-bay. After talking to the vendor, he said there is a USB port on the back of unit and all I need to do is run an extension cable. He said the entire package should be plug and play with the Bose equipped vehicles from 2007-2010. No dealer reprogramming needed. It is shipping ground from MN today so I will not be able to verify any of this until late next week. I also ordered the "unlock" kit which will allow DVD and NAV in motion for a grand total of $1690 delivered. If all works as advertised, this is not a bad price from what I've been seeing.

OK - I took one for the team here and just ordered the 2010 NAV unit off e-bay. After talking to the vendor, he said there is a USB port on the back of unit and all I need to do is run an extension cable. He said the entire package should be plug and play with the Bose equipped vehicles from 2007-2010. No dealer reprogramming needed. It is shipping ground from MN today so I will not be able to verify any of this until late next week. I also ordered the "unlock" kit which will allow DVD and NAV in motion for a grand total of $1690 delivered. If all works as advertised, this is not a bad price from what I've been seeing.

Is this a factory NAV unit? Or is it made by Roadview? I tried talking with the service tech and he said if I am willing to spend some money they can dig into it but no guarantees. He started talking about checking the BCM so I am not sure they know what to look for? I am about ready to take a 2010 for a long test ride to do a little R&D. :puke:

Try this LINK Let me know what you find because I'd like to add both NAV and USB to my 09.

That's exactly the same GM part number as the unit I bought and installed in my '08.... actually I think it's the same seller too. Only difference there is the newer map disc, I have the '09 disc (Version 4.0) and this includes the '10 (Version 5.0) disc.

That's exactly the same GM part number as the unit I bought and installed in my '08.... actually I think it's the same seller too. Only difference there is the newer map disc, I have the '09 disc (Version 4.0) and this includes the '10 (Version 5.0) disc.

That's what I thought too but here is another LINK that claims it is a new model with USB. According to the seller, some of his auctions are for the 07-09 model with the 4.0 disc but this one is new for 2010 with USB and includes the 5.0 disc. With his 100% rating in several thousand transactions, I feel confident that this will be as he says.

Anyway, I'll post all the details when I get the unit next week.

According to the seller, some of his auctions are for the 07-09 model with the 4.0 disc but this one is new for 2010 with USB and includes the 5.0 disc. With his 100% rating in several thousand transactions, I feel confident that this will be as he says.

Anyway, I'll post all the details when I get the unit next week.

Holy crap! I want a pic of the backside of that unit; if that's the case I'm going to be extremely pissed! You would think GM would change the part number of the unit for that kind of change, but I guess not :puke:

I might just have to grab one of these if that's really the case, and sell off my '09 unit to someone who doesn't know any better or doesn't use MP3s in their truck.

I look forward to seeing what you get! Based on that description I bet the plug in the console literally is just a USB extension cable and outlet, which probably aren't that tough to install (just cut a hole for the receptacle to snap into).

Archived