2010 Usb

According to the seller, some of his auctions are for the 07-09 model with the 4.0 disc but this one is new for 2010 with USB and includes the 5.0 disc. With his 100% rating in several thousand transactions, I feel confident that this will be as he says.

Anyway, I'll post all the details when I get the unit next week.

Holy crap! I want a pic of the backside of that unit; if that's the case I'm going to be extremely pissed! You would think GM would change the part number of the unit for that kind of change, but I guess not :puke:

I might just have to grab one of these if that's really the case, and sell off my '09 unit to someone who doesn't know any better or doesn't use MP3s in their truck.

I look forward to seeing what you get! Based on that description I bet the plug in the console literally is just a USB extension cable and outlet, which probably aren't that tough to install (just cut a hole for the receptacle to snap into).

Why not just buy the USB port for the right 12V accessory plug and make the USB extention from the NAV Unit connect to it? That way you don't need to punch any holes!! :cheers:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have a 3 dollar tape adapter i just put into my truck, and then plug it into my phone, works just the same as bluetooth :)

Huh? We aren't talking anything about bluetooth in this thread....

Why not just buy the USB port for the right 12V accessory plug and make the USB extention from the NAV Unit connect to it? That way you don't need to punch any holes!! :)

What fun is modding if I don't get to punch holes in stuff? :lol:

According to the seller, some of his auctions are for the 07-09 model with the 4.0 disc but this one is new for 2010 with USB and includes the 5.0 disc. With his 100% rating in several thousand transactions, I feel confident that this will be as he says.

Holy crap! I want a pic of the backside of that unit; if that's the case I'm going to be extremely pissed! You would think GM would change the part number of the unit for that kind of change, but I guess not :lol:

I might just have to grab one of these if that's really the case, and sell off my '09 unit to someone who doesn't know any better or doesn't use MP3s in their truck.

I look forward to seeing what you get! Based on that description I bet the plug in the console literally is just a USB extension cable and outlet, which probably aren't that tough to install (just cut a hole for the receptacle to snap into).

Why not just buy the USB port for the right 12V accessory plug and make the USB extention from the NAV Unit connect to it? That way you don't need to punch any holes!! :)

because you cant use the radio/steering wheel controls to control your ipod

Holy crap! I want a pic of the backside of that unit; if that's the case I'm going to be extremely pissed! You would think GM would change the part number of the unit for that kind of change, but I guess not :lol:

Huh??? You lost me here... If its an OEM Nav unit and you connect your Jump Drive or IPOD why can't you use the radio or steering wheel controls?

Right. All that and charge it too. The dealer told me that I would need something called a PAL device in my 2009. He wasn't sure if it applied to 2010 with USB.

Thanks for the info.

what do you mean by all of the functions? I can skip songs, pick play lists, etc.

Huh??? You lost me here... If its an OEM Nav unit and you connect your Jump Drive or IPOD why can't you use the radio or steering wheel controls?

nevermind I read that to quick and misunderstood. I thought you were just talking about the plug in kind skipped over the nav unit

Greg,

It will charge it also. The only problem is if you leave the ipod on and turn off the truck it will not charge. I just had that happen tonight. Forgot I left it in the glovebox went out to get it and the battery was dead

Right. All that and charge it too. The dealer told me that I would need something called a PAL device in my 2009. He wasn't sure if it applied to 2010 with USB.

Thanks for the info.

what do you mean by all of the functions? I can skip songs, pick play lists, etc.

If you have a 2009 that is not equipped with NAV, the dealer is right about you needing the GM PAL unit. I bought one for my '08 before I realized it wouldn't work with the factory NAV, so now it's just sitting unused in a box on my desk. Cost me $171.08. If you're interested in going that route I'd sell it to you for that price.

Greg,

It will charge it also. The only problem is if you leave the ipod on and turn off the truck it will not charge. I just had that happen tonight. Forgot I left it in the glovebox went out to get it and the battery was dead

That stinks. I wonder why no one can get it right? Mercedes turns on and off correctly but you can't do much else in the way of song selection. BMW is better but still has minor glitches that make it annoying. Not charging or shutting off the unit when the car is off is just wrong.

I guess it leaves room for upgrades in the future and keeps some engineers employed to fix the bugs. :lol:

I bought a iPod adapter from USA spec first thing when I got my truck. It seems like it is a lot better than the factory options. It charges my iPod, turns it of when the truck goes off, pauses the song if I go to a different station or band, and allows me to use controls on head unit/steering wheel to pick songs/random/playlist/artists etc.

I don't have the Nav headunit but I think they have a unit to support that head unit. It appears that their web site is jacked up because it says they don't make such a thing but call them because they do. I have one.

http://usaspec.com/index.php

lol yeah thats embarassing, i was reading a thread about bluetooth, guess i posted it in the wrong thread, my bad.

i have a 3 dollar tape adapter i just put into my truck, and then plug it into my phone, works just the same as bluetooth :)

Huh? We aren't talking anything about bluetooth in this thread....

What fun is modding if I don't get to punch holes in stuff? :lol:

Archived