Worthless Mods Lets Here Them

i saw a thread on here for cheap mods and it gave me the idea for this thread, i figured i'd see what everyones experimented with as far as mods to see what gave nothing but wasted money...here are just a few that i've had experience with

throttle body spacer- 10-25 bucks for a piece of plastic that does nothing but take up space

CAI- i don't know if they are completly worthless but for the price vs the gains to me it'd be a waste

octane booster- it does nothing unless you are tuned for it, i see so many people dumping 4-5 bottles in thinking they are going to end up with space shuttle speed, in the end it just pukes smoke and blows holes in the wallet

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 4" exhaust tip on a stock 2" tailpipe thats 4" long!! I see so many of those and it just looks stupid

+100, A guy I work with got one of those "bolt on" tips, he has it at the very end of this tailpipe, its its like a 6" extension and it looks so STUPID. but who am I to judge him?

What about chrome bug shields?

I called it "Autozoned" out. All the chrome stick on sh^t you can imagine. Esp the chrome door trim, that is pimp! Spending thousands on stereo equipment and yet the tires are bald. Fake roll bars. Led flashing tire stem caps. The calvin "p^ss on" stickers. Confederate flags. (Guy I know PAINTED a full one on his tailgate). Flexible muffler pipe so you can cut out the muffler. Euro Tail lights. Trim bezels for license plates. Truck nuts. Cheap @$$ overlays for the gauge cluster. Bullet hole stickers. Long antennas and fiberglass markers for the front bumper on a half ton.

I can't stand the aftermarket fuel doors.... it looks like a pimple on the side of a truck/car. And what are you advertising, that you have a place to put fuel into a vehicle? Doesn't everyone? :thumbs:

:thumbs:

First I have to say, nopics.gif

My favorite is from back in the day when a Cell phone actually cost something and had to be mounted in the car and all the Ricers with the FAKE antennas. I can remember seeing some with 2 or 3 of those things stuck on there windows.

33164800010_large.jpg

Archived