Whats The Best Way To Take Off Window Visor/vents?

Its sunday, so im planning on doing some things to my truck. I want to take off the window visors...and i dont want to mess up the paint. I bought the truck a little over a month ago and its about time i got around to taking them off cuz theyre broken. Its not exactly warm down here in GA but its decent out so im gonna do it. Do i just pull them off? it seems like the visor separates from the sticky foam glue pretty easily then i plan to take the foam off(only problem is the foam is brittle and hard from the cold). I heard Goo-Gone works..i have some around the house too.

I kind of feel like this is just common sense in taking them off but i figure somebody on here has done it before and i could benefit from hearing about it

I recently took my window visors off and it was a PITA. The visors came off in pieces leaving the adhesive stuck to the door. I took a plastic putty knife and peeled as much of the adhesive off and then took goo-gone and cleaned the rest off. Not saying its the best way but thats what I did.

These are pretty easy to do. Heat them up with a hair dryer, pull them off. If there is alot of leftover adhesive use a 3M stripe off wheel and some goo done.

Or if you dont want to buy the 3m wheel, just keep the adhesive warm and take it off with your fingers. Dont use your finger nails of you'll put little scratches in.

Thanks...a hairdryer??? alrighty, its gonna get done! Ill post some before/after pics

:thumbs:

EDIT: I mostly finished the passenger side. It took me about half the length of the window before i fully figured out how to do it. Now whats left isnt much but im still going to get it all off. (havent done the drivers side yet)

As soon as my pic upload to photobucket I will post some

Ok passenger side is about as good as its going to get...not perfect, but its a truck not a sportscar(my brother's mustang :thumbs: ) so it doesnt need to be. Its at the point where the only person who would notice it would be me

Before:

WindowVisorRemoval--BeforeandAft-4.jpg

During:

WindowVisorRemoval--BeforeandAft-2.jpg

After:

WindowVisorRemoval--BeforeandAft-6.jpg

It took about an hour and a half...Truck is still wet in the pic so it doesnt look great. The goo gone didnt help much, maybe i didnt put enough on :cool: Anyways, im pretty happy with it and ill do the drivers side tonight if i can

It's not easy..is it? I had a hell of a time removing the side molding on my 01 Siverado. The molding came off easy....but the double sided tape was a PITA. What is the silver handle thing behind your window?

No...its definitely NOT easy. It took me an 1 1/2-2 hours to get the passenger side done. That foam stuff is a huge PITA

The previous owner was a handicapped guy so he had the chrome handles and chrome stepbars put on so he could get in...they are on both sides. I havent made up my mind if i like the handles or not but i figure if i remove them there will be holes and it would be more of a hassle to remove them than it would be to keep them on.

He also put in the stepbars, bedrails, and the bedbox which i like a lot, it sits just under the sides of the bed so it doesnt take away from the truck

GMCSierralittleroad016.jpg

Bedbox:

GMCSierraTargetandPark031.jpg

Archived