In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Is The Black Bear Tune Worth It?

I have a 2008 Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 V8 and 3.73 rear end with AFE intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition wires, headers and a flowmaster exhaust. I currently have an Edge evo programmer but I don't notice much difference except firmer and faster tranny shifts. Would the Black Bear tune make a much more noticable differnce? Is it worth the money?

post-73112-1266805240_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An in-person tune is $250.00.

You'd have to send Justin or Jenna an e-mail and ask them,but I don't think he can tune with the edge in.

I have a 2008 Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 V8 and 3.73 rear end with AFE intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition wires, headers and a flowmaster exhaust. I currently have an Edge evo programmer but I don't notice much difference except firmer and faster tranny shifts. Would the Black Bear tune make a much more noticable differnce? Is it worth the money?

Everyone on here is a huge fan of Black Bear Tunes, and man, Justin and Jennabear seem like THE best in customer service. I bought a predator the moment I got back from overseas. I am happy with it for the most part, but, being a dude, I cant help but ask if BB is better? I am leaning toward yes, but at the same time I have had computer difficulties with the diablosport and still dont think I have maximized the possibilities...

Definately worth the money, I can't imagine the hand helds being able to do what Justin is capable of. Actually reading through the user manual, I know it's not capable. Hell, it can't even tune the TCM. He can give you access to more power that your truck is capable of, cut back on the freaking GM nannies to prevent you from using the engine. He can firm up and quicken the shifts. Throw away or sell your hand held and get a real tune.

Definately worth the money, I can't imagine the hand helds being able to do what Justin is capable of. Actually reading through the user manual, I know it's not capable. Hell, it can't even tune the TCM. He can give you access to more power that your truck is capable of, cut back on the freaking GM nannies to prevent you from using the engine. He can firm up and quicken the shifts. Throw away or sell your hand held and get a real tune.

OUCH! Well I was trying to lean him toward a Black Bear! :lol:

Let's put it this way. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if you took your truck and an identical truck to yours without ANY mods except a Black Bear tune (ie no, headers, exhaust, CAI, Edge, and a paper weight, umm I mean throttle body spacer) the Black Bear truck would eat your lunch. And the Black Bear truck would be a lot more drivable as far as shift points, throttle response, and probably mileage.

So, is a Black Bear tune worth it...HELL YES :D

Let's put it this way. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if you took your truck and an identical truck to yours without ANY mods except a Black Bear tune (ie no, headers, exhaust, CAI, Edge, and a paper weight, umm I mean throttle body spacer) the Black Bear truck would eat your lunch. And the Black Bear truck would be a lot more drivable as far as shift points, throttle response, and probably mileage.

So, is a Black Bear tune worth it...HELL YES :D

^^ What he said! ^^ :D:P