In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Is The Black Bear Tune Worth It?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me to tune your truck :cool:

are you secretly vpn'd into justin's machine on site?... Secret service style ear piece to tell Justin what to say when questions are asked..... I knew it ;)

Pretty much :puke:

For me to tune your truck :P

Well......If you'd show up at the tune meets you could do that :P

You guys are better off without me there :cheers:

Well......If you'd show up at the tune meets you could do that :D

I'm guessing Jenna doesn't come since Justin flies to most of the meets. Keeps the costs down I'm guessing.

Partially yes. I have been on some of the trips, if we have friends and family in the area. I travel so much for my own job, as well as needing to hold down the fort here.

BTW, I was wondering what the CASE relearn is. I know about the crank relearn. CASE has something to do with security, right? My new modules are coming this week.

Crank relearn=CASE relearn (crank angle sensor error)----Justin will perform this at the time of your tune

This is also not to be confused with Security Relearn, which you will be performing once you get the new modules. Your truck will not start without performing the Security Relearn first.

Once both of these relearns have been done on the modules, you are free to swap them in and out as you please.

are you secretly vpn'd into justin's machine on site?... Secret service style ear piece to tell Justin what to say when questions are asked..... I knew it ;)

Pretty much :puke:

Well......If you'd show up at the tune meets you could do that :D

I'm guessing Jenna doesn't come since Justin flies to most of the meets. Keeps the costs down I'm guessing.

Partially yes. I have been on some of the trips, if we have friends and family in the area. I travel so much for my own job, as well as needing to hold down the fort here.

BTW, I was wondering what the CASE relearn is. I know about the crank relearn. CASE has something to do with security, right? My new modules are coming this week.

Crank relearn=CASE relearn (crank angle sensor error)----Justin will perform this at the time of your tune

This is also not to be confused with Security Relearn, which you will be performing once you get the new modules. Your truck will not start without performing the Security Relearn first.

Once both of these relearns have been done on the modules, you are free to swap them in and out as you please.

OK. does the security relearn require a tech II?

Funny.....Justin says the same thing :puke:

:P

OK. does the security relearn require a tech II?

No,But it does make it easier/quicker to perform.

Jenna,

What will it take to convince Justin to look into Duramax tunes?

Buy him one :lol: .

In all seriousness, he would want a Diesel that he could play around with and validate the tune before unleashing on customers. All our tunes are dyno developed and validated, he doesn't want a customer having an unverified product.

Jenna,

In all seriousness, he would want a Diesel that he could play around with and validate the tune before unleashing on customers. All our tunes are dyno developed and validated, he doesn't want a customer having an unverified product.

Learn something new every day. Shows what Justin does for his customers.

• 4 weeks later...
Jenna,

SOOOOO, if someone were to volunteer a DMAX equipped truck...would he do it then? :):seeya:

Jenna,

SOOOOO, if someone were to volunteer a DMAX equipped truck...would he do it then? :):seeya:

Possibly, but he would want someone in CA, so he could have the truck on the dyno, for tune development and verification.

How can I talk you guys to drop south a bit to the Des Moines / Cedar Rapids, IA area? Rogers MN is the closest place your map shows & thats still 225 miles away.

Theres a lot of trucks in this area. A LOT of trucks.

Thanks.

well hell, after reading all pages on this thread, I am sold on it.. definitly the next mod for my truck! I know right off hand how performance programing on a ECU has a big affect on performance on any vehicle with engines that have lots of potential. :dunno:

Edited by DwelveAT