Maximum Tire Size On A Standard 2000 Gmc Sierra 1500 Rim

eribbens1988

Hey I'm brand new to the site and so far I like what I see. I came to this forum because I figured it was the best way to get my question answered. No one else can give me a definite answer. Here's my question: I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with 4WD, a 3" body lift, and stock 16" rims, and I was wondering what is the largest size tire I can fit safely on my rim and under my truck?

If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative! Thanks.

... actually you are best talking to a tire dealer and checking tire specs for size against minimum wheel/rim width..

... there are too many variables here for anyone to give you any definitive advice.

Hey I'm brand new to the site and so far I like what I see. I came to this forum because I figured it was the best way to get my question answered. No one else can give me a definite answer. Here's my question: I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with 4WD, a 3" body lift, and stock 16" rims, and I was wondering what is the largest size tire I can fit safely on my rim and under my truck?

305/70R/16 which is a 33x12.50 will fit great, 35's will rub slightly.

Only on stock wheels though.

I ran 305/70-16s on a '02 Z71 with only the t-bars raised. Went everywhere in that truck, never rubbed. You would definitely be safe with a 305 on your truck... :lol:

yup got personal experience with 305/70/16. The tire place who put em on said they "just" fit on the rims and to leave them a little deflated so that the face of the tire would still be square where it met the ashphalt so. Made the truck look so much better and drove even better with NO rubbing at all with a Torsion bar crank of 1.5" ---- attached pics.

DSCF1976.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1971.jpg

hey, you think it possible to see pictures of your truck with that 3" BL? I have a 02 silverado 1500 and im looking to upgrade for bigger tires and I was thinking about the same BL instead of juste a leveling kit. I'm just a bit worried about the "gap" between the frame and the bed in the back. I've seen truck with BL and you could see thru across the truck, if that make any sense.

Archived