Low Drone Or Drone Free 6.0 Muffler?

LOL I am an old man.... my 2004 is in the shop right now having the magnaflow REMOVED and a stock muffler put in it's place...

My Magnaflow has 2 short pipes with a health turndown coming right off of it...anybody wants it who is willing to come get it can have it!

If you want me to ship it it will cost you a few dollars....

Amazing isnt it.... I think my muffler guy is diggin a new stock muzzler out of the trash...he says he takes off more good stuff than you could imagine

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too am curious on the sound of the Maggy 12469 .....18 inch, duel 3inch inlets. w/duel 2.5 inch outlets. Any pros or negs guys ????

I'm running that (3" DI/DO with dual 2.5" coming out the back). Discussed it some here...http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128626. It definitely "woke up" the sound of the truck. It's got a nice, deep, not too loud idle. It's loudest/drones under load at low RPM (1400-1800), e.g. when in OD at 45-50mph going uphill. It's got a nice rumble when accelerating. It's quiet when cruising at around 60mph (4.10 gears) and gets a bit louder with a nice tone at 70+mph. I'm going to see how it finishes "breaking in" and decide whether to add a resonator or keep it as-is. It's generally quieter than my old 8.1L with straight-through chambered mufflers; you can have a conversation in the back seat in this one ;)

• 5 years later...

I could be mistaken, but what I've read online and heard thru other pages is that the Flowmaster has more restriction than a stock muffler. I had dual flows on my 03.5 ecsb 4x4 and honestly.... HATED them, they produce a generic sound that I hear on every other street corner. That was on a lm7 5.3. My new crew cab still has stock muffler but just having a lq9 swapped into it I want a new muffler that will benefit the long tubes when I get them. Touring muffler by borla I think is around 90-100 bucks and doesn't have any drone. I want to retain the stock look / sound but I'm going for a sleeper truck. Probably won't cam the 6.0 unless I can boost it at some point. Thought about a MIT tube but for $140 I think I'll skip straight to mufflers and turn them down at the axle keeping body lines clean too.

Archived