Escalade Cluster Swap

Just wanting to make sure it will be plug and play..looking to put an '02 Escalade cluster in an '01 Silverado. I like the design and would also gain trans temp.

Also, anyone know how much a dealer would charge to reset the mileage?

Going to:

5279757_22.jpg

1GCEK19T11Z215984_023_LG.jpg

sounds like you've got it covered, it is a direct swap plug and play, and you will have to have the mileage swapped over(or it would be inaccurate)

That's what I want to hear :happysad:

Dealer said they can't change the odometer reading and that I'd have to go to their cluster shop.

Am I correct that I'm stuck with '02 only? ('00 and '01 are the wrong body style and '03+ won't be plug and play?)

the dealer's them self never do the odometer calibrations, they would just send it to a shop so if they are willing to tell you who can do it for you locally you'll benefit by cutting out the middle man.

you are correct on, the 03+ electronics are all totally different and would be incompatible with your 01, and of course the 99-00 Escalade was a different series truck all together.

The only other option you would have is the cluster from a heavy duty gas motor truck (99-2002), which would be identical to yours except it would have the trans temp gauge or the Denali cluster (2002 only), which is subtly different

the dealer's them self never do the odometer calibrations, they would just send it to a shop so if they are willing to tell you who can do it for you locally you'll benefit by cutting out the middle man.

you are correct on, the 03+ electronics are all totally different and would be incompatible with your 01, and of course the 99-00 Escalade was a different series truck all together.

The only other option you would have is the cluster from a heavy duty gas motor truck (99-2002), which would be identical to yours except it would have the trans temp gauge or the Denali cluster (2002 only), which is subtly different

Might be tough to find but it's worth a shot! If I'm swapping clusters I want something different which is why I'm going with the Escalade one (if I can find one for pretty cheap). Th trans temp isn important enough to swap clusters, I'm just looking to change up the look.

I did consider the Denali cluster, but again, not a whole lot different.

If I had an '03+ there would be so many more possibilities..H2, Silverado SS, Escalade etc. Anyways, thanks for your help!

When I did mine in my 03, I found a satin stainless steel face with blue numbers overlay and a set of blue needles on ebay. When I was putting it back together I used an escalade bezel that has the chrome rings. The blue needles when lit matchs other dash lights. No temp gauge but I like it.

IMGP0710.jpg

IMGP0709.jpg

IMGP0711-2.jpg

When I did mine in my 03, I found a satin stainless steel face with blue numbers overlay and a set of blue needles on ebay. When I was putting it back together I used an escalade bezel that has the chrome rings. The blue needles when lit matchs other dash lights. No temp gauge but I like it.

IMGP0710.jpg

IMGP0709.jpg

IMGP0711-2.jpg

Those gauges look really sweet.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about swapping my old cluster out for an escalade or denali cluster after the spedo quit working. Ive heard some of the 99-00 electronics are different from the 01-02. Will an 02 escalade cluster work on my 00 chevy?

I'm 99% sure, 99-02 escalade work just fine. 03-up will not work.

So I got an 06 CC that I want to get the tranny temp gauge in; sounds like I cant swamp in any cluster older tahn 03 but anyone have specific details about this year?

Thanks guys!

I'm 99% sure, 99-02 escalade work just fine. 03-up will not work.

So I got an 06 CC that I want to get the tranny temp gauge in; sounds like I cant swamp in any cluster older tahn 03 but anyone have specific details about this year?

Thanks guys!

Call these guys and ask them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06...sQ5fAccessories

Archived