Factory Radio Swap In A Colorado?

We just received a new Colorado at work. It has a basic AM/FM Radio in it. We want to swap it with a factory CD/MP3 unit from another Colorado off of eBay. Do we need to get a different wiring harness? Are the radios all the same from 2008-2010?

Thanks,

Zack

i think you will be safe with the harness you got now, as long as you stay factory....only issue i recall with the cd player factory radios was that if you pop a cd out with the truck off it will leave the radio on and kill the battery....gm issued a recall for it idk if that would apply to this situation but i thought id throw it in :chevy:

My concern stems from the fact that all of the used factory radios on eBay state that they are for Colorado's up to 2008 which concernes me. I cannot seem to find any that are 09' or 10'...Anybody else know anything??

should be identical, they don't really ever change much inside when it goes year to year until they totally recook the truck design...if your all that concerned go to best buy and get an aftermarket thrown in or get a zune and run a radio adapter, thats what i use for my truck and i have 5k cds at my finger tips, screw discs

Archived