Southeast Folks Sign In    Part II

MountaineerTom

Alright, lets see who we have here.

MAs9T9

Thought it would be appropriate for us to have a sign-in thread, so all us Southeastern folk can get to know each other!!

I'm Mark. And I am a true-gray (not true-blue  ) Southeasterner! Born near Charleston, SC....grew-up in Marietta, GA (5th generation Cobb County)....and now living in Charlotte, NC! I ain't goin' no farther north!

Let's hear from the rest of ya'll!!

MarkD

Florence, SC

JonesNTN

Jackson TN Here!

doverarjim

Dover, Arkansas located in Western Arkansas.

Me

Sumter, SC here.  I actually live on Shaw AFB though.

(This is where I live now, due to being in the Air Force, I'm originally from WV.)

carguru

Quote (MAs9T9 @ May 21 2002,6:40)

and now living in Charlotte, NC!

Hey, Mark.  Guess we're like neighbors.  Right here in Cary, NC.  

LarryE

east ky/east tn

pipermaru9

Gadsden, Alabama...about 40 miles north of Birmingham

Friz

I'm in Milton, Fl. It's about 20 miles East of Pensacola.

kennedycpa

Charleston, AR  - I am just barely in the Southeast forum, just about 30 more west and I would be in the Southwest.  Looks like I am the second Arkie to sign in.  I have spent a little time in Dover, been up to see the "lights" (didn't see anything) and did a little quail hunting at a farm on Claude Hottenger (probably spelled that very wrong) Road.

bscottb

Spartanburg SC

YANKEES

Transplant from New York as my registered name implies, now residing in Cary, NC can't wait to get the #### Out of Here!  And don't plan on going any farther South! Hope to be on the thread from the NorthEast soon!  

Yont283

Kingsport/Knoxville TN   Love it here in the South!  

General Lee 01

Richmond, VA here. I'd like to move out of the city, but I sure as #### ain't going NAWTH!

Badger

Jacksonville, NC.  Will be stationed there in July.  Just bought a house.  Originally from Southwestern VA.

Kania2k1

I am a reverse transfer to the N**TH but was born and raised in Knoxville, TN.  Been in NY for about 4 years, and Vermont for 1.5.  Vermont was semi-south, but I can't wait to get out of NY!!!  Everyone seems so pissed off all the time, and that in turn pisses me off.  It's a vicious cycle.  Oh well, hope y'all will have me!

sirlan

Charlotte, NC -- originally from south Georgia.

satch

charlotte.nc

born and raised here

guess i'll die here...lol

ShadowzXtreme

Monroe, NC     15min from Charlotte

Tom,

I appreciate you re-posting this for me!

Now let's hear from the rest of you folks! I know there have to be more members that live in the Southeast!!

I've heard of Hammond. Jerry Clower used to do a bit about the Panama Limited train that ran through there. He said he train was so fast that someone stepped on the bottom step, turned to kiss his mom goodbye, and kissed a bull on the lips in Hammond Louisiana. He said it was "forever more fast"

Yep, that's my home.  In Clower's story I believe the guy got on the train in McComb, MS which is about 60 miles North of Hammond.  That was one fast train.  The bulls have thinned out over the years but it's still a nice sleepy little town.

Alright, lets see who we have here.

MAs9T9

Thought it would be appropriate for us to have a sign-in thread, so all us Southeastern folk can get to know each other!!

I'm Mark. And I am a true-gray (not true-blue  ) Southeasterner! Born near Charleston, SC....grew-up in Marietta, GA (5th generation Cobb County)....and now living in Charlotte, NC! I ain't goin' no farther north!

Let's hear from the rest of ya'll!!

MarkD

Florence, SC

JonesNTN

Jackson TN Here!

doverarjim

Dover, Arkansas located in Western Arkansas.

Me

Sumter, SC here.  I actually live on Shaw AFB though.

(This is where I live now, due to being in the Air Force, I'm originally from WV.)

carguru

Quote (MAs9T9 @ May 21 2002,6:40)

and now living in Charlotte, NC!

Hey, Mark.  Guess we're like neighbors.  Right here in Cary, NC.  

LarryE

east ky/east tn

pipermaru9

Gadsden, Alabama...about 40 miles north of Birmingham

Friz

I'm in Milton, Fl. It's about 20 miles East of Pensacola.

kennedycpa

Charleston, AR  - I am just barely in the Southeast forum, just about 30 more west and I would be in the Southwest.  Looks like I am the second Arkie to sign in.  I have spent a little time in Dover, been up to see the "lights" (didn't see anything) and did a little quail hunting at a farm on Claude Hottenger (probably spelled that very wrong) Road.

bscottb

Spartanburg SC

YANKEES

Transplant from New York as my registered name implies, now residing in Cary, NC can't wait to get the #### Out of Here!  And don't plan on going any farther South! Hope to be on the thread from the NorthEast soon!  

Yont283

Kingsport/Knoxville TN   Love it here in the South!  

General Lee 01

Richmond, VA here. I'd like to move out of the city, but I sure as #### ain't going NAWTH!

Badger

Jacksonville, NC.  Will be stationed there in July.  Just bought a house.  Originally from Southwestern VA.

Kania2k1

I am a reverse transfer to the N**TH but was born and raised in Knoxville, TN.  Been in NY for about 4 years, and Vermont for 1.5.  Vermont was semi-south, but I can't wait to get out of NY!!!  Everyone seems so pissed off all the time, and that in turn pisses me off.  It's a vicious cycle.  Oh well, hope y'all will have me!

sirlan

Charlotte, NC -- originally from south Georgia.

satch

charlotte.nc

born and raised here

guess i'll die here...lol

ShadowzXtreme

Monroe, NC     15min from Charlotte

Hamlet NC. Just 7 miles from the "Rock"

Have the long a** ride to Charlotte everyday for work. So I guess I spend more time there than here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...