In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Raked Vs Level Stance Changes Fuel Economy?

Hey Guys whats up? New to forum and just bought a 2010 silverado single cab. I have the 4.8 V8 with 3.23 gears. Anyway, was thinking about leveling the truck with a set of 2inch shackles in back. I do not want to raise the truck but if anything lower it! So I was wondering how/if this affects aerodynamics? I know that the higher up your truck is, obviously will catch more wind underneath the body and rob fuel economy. My question is when leveling the truck you change angles: grill, hood, windshild, and roof of truck. It changes how your vehicle cuts through the wind correct? Im sure the difference is slight but still curious and this is the fuel economy section :)

Thanks Matt, thats a nice looking truck you have there! Yeah I figured it wouldnt be much difference. I really dont mind a slight rake so I might go ahead a drop the front slightly as well. Just something my overactive brain had been pondering :)

Archived