My 2010 Silverado With 4.8 Is A Dog

I bought a 2010 Silverado with a 4,8 had a k&n cai and a Gibson monster truck exhaust put on.... it is a dog cant even spin the tires in the rain. very very boggy low end i am very unhappy with this

i have talk to the dealer the have said tuff luck any ideas

Thanks

Rick

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mark's point is a good one. assuming your recent mods aren't detrimental, the best bang for your buck performance-wise will probably be a custom tune. there's tons of threads on here talking about tunes so the information is there if you're interested.

+2 on the exhaust. I lost some low-end power on my old 5.3 when I put dual straight pipes on it with no mufflers. Not sure about your exhaust size.

The tire size and differential gears also make a difference. Do you know what your has?

I bought a 2010 Silverado with a 4,8 had a k&n cai and a Gibson monster truck exhaust put on.... it is a dog cant even spin the tires in the rain. very very boggy low end i am very unhappy with this

i have talk to the dealer the have said tuff luck any ideas

Thanks

Rick

you bought a 4.8L .... and it likely has 3.23 or even 3.08 gears.... (for economy fuel consumption on the highway

this is not a base unit to build a monster truck on.... it sounds like you need a tougher engine, transmission, and some 4.10 gears for what you are looking for...

if you do tune this thing and run it hard, you will likely cause the 4-sp transmission to fail (and the tune will have voided your powertrain warranty...)

I'd say trade it off on something closer to what you are really looking for ....

my 5.3 is an absolute dog too..

these trucks are severely underpowered.

The 5.3 is most definately not severely underpowered, more like severely constrained by the computer limitations. Take care of the computer (aka Tune) and experience what the 5.3 was meant to be.

If you want to experience underpowered, try a Ford Supercrew 4x4 with the 4.6 (or 5.4 for that matter)

my 5.3 is an absolute dog too..

these trucks are severely underpowered.

The 5.3 is most definately not severely underpowered, more like severely constrained by the computer limitations. Take care of the computer (aka Tune) and experience what the 5.3 was meant to be.

If you want to experience underpowered, try a Ford Supercrew 4x4 with the 4.6 (or 5.4 for that matter)

Very true, Fords are underpowered.

the gibson monster truck exhaust is 2 1/2... it is worst after i installed the mods i was looking at the 410 gears they are expensive.... i kinda got screwed by the dealer i road tested the truck and it spun the tires on dry pavement after i picked it up it was like a totally different truck with the mods i tried to take it back but the said sure buy it back 10 000 less i paid for it. it only has 6000k on it and i dont want to void my warrarty.

I had an 07 4.8 for about 6 months and traded it in for an 07 V max. I couldn t stand it and it got no better fuel mileage either. Now I have a 5.3 2009 6 speed and love it. You have two options, 1/ trade it in 2/ you can try a custom tune and be sure not to run 20 inch or larger tires. I ve had every truck I ve owned have a custom in person PCM tune which helps alot. I didn t bother trying that with the 4.8 but it might be worth a try. I actually like the 5.3 with the 6 speed better than the 6.0 4 speed.

but even giving that it would take some low end power. it is really boggy thought i was gonna get stuck on a hill with me tent trailer lol. anyone know a good place to get some gears mines are 323. it wierd that the truck with 90 k in first gears and like 150 in second my brother in law 07 f150 fx2 puts it to shame. i thought there was a problem with the truck and thats why it is so bad

My co-work just bought a 2010 ECSB with a 4.8 and I took it for a spin yesterday and was quite impressed with it. I have a 09 CC with the 5.3 and 6 speed and thought his truck wouldnt have any problem keeping up with mine. I was really surpised how much power it had and how good it ran compared to mine. Just my .02!

but even giving that it would take some low end power. it is really boggy thought i was gonna get stuck on a hill with me tent trailer lol. anyone know a good place to get some gears mines are 323. it wierd that the truck with 90 k in first gears and like 150 in second my brother in law 07 f150 fx2 puts it to shame. i thought there was a problem with the truck and thats why it is so bad

I think I remember that you have to do both front and rear diffs ???

17 s ?

Archived