In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Bowtie_Beast

How Many Miles On Your Colorado/canyon?

I was just wondering how many miles some of you guys have on your I5 engine and how reliable has it been? (the truck itself too)

Any good/bad feedback on the trucks is welcomed. I'd be looking at a 4x4 crew cab.

I'm looking at buying used, but probably not for a couple years. I'm always getting way ahead of myself. LOL

Thanks for your feedback.

:nono:

I was just wondering how many miles some of you guys have on your I5 engine and how reliable has it been? (the truck itself too)

Any good/bad feedback on the trucks is welcomed. I'd be looking at a 4x4 crew cab.

I'm looking at buying used, but probably not for a couple years. I'm always getting way ahead of myself. LOL

Thanks for your feedback.

:D

Bowtie - just wondering if you ever got a Colorado / Canyon. I too am considering a 4x4 Colorado as well as just a Silverado 1500 and was just wondering if you got one and how you are liking it.

2005 Canyon i5 (love that engine!) with 183,000 mi and couldn't be more reliable! Still looks good too!

I probably have the most.....

Ive had my 2005 colorado since 0 miles. It is a 3.5L crew cab ZQ8 fully decked out.

OD is at 160K.....

But....

I bet 30K of that is racing /drag strip abuse..... And the rest hard driving. Ive had 125 shot of juice since about 80K and have gone thru about 6 transmissions.... Lol rn i have a billet 4L65E supposedly good for 800HP.....we will see about that haha

Engine has been really pished hard... Revv limmiter is at 6500 and i rev it to 7K in 1st.... I beat the hell out of the motor and it just takes it. Recently it started to give me trouble.... Turns out it had a hose on the intake manifold dry rot so it had a vacuum leak... $5 fix and its as good as new!!!

I am back driving my old 05 temperailrly it has 472,000km on it now. The company has owned it since day one in may of 05.

My 06 Canyon 4WD SLE Crew Cab has 150K on it. Had a head oil/coolant mixing problem at 30K, but the head replacement was totally covered under a TSB. I'm now on my third power steering rack - original failed (seal leakage) at 80K, replacement failed (seal leakage) at 140K, new one installed at 145K with addition of a filter on pump return line. Hopefully I can get a decent life out of this one. Other than those problems, it's been a great truck.

Lucky to find this one. Just bought as a run around and hobby. 90,000km, 60,000m. it is a 2009 Canyon SLE 4X4 with a 5.3.

Edited by Likarok

2009 sle Canyon 5.3 with 62000 miles. Great little truck.

IMG_20190527_140834_hdr.jpg