In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
rbiggers277

2010 Equinox - Adding Remote Start

I have a 2010 Equinox LT2 that did not come with the factory remote start. I asked my local Chevy dealer how much it would cost to add the GM remote start, and they said it could not be added. It was only a factory option. They said I would have to go to a car audio shop and get an aftermarket remote start. Is this true? Anyone know what this might cost to get done aftermarket? Thanks for the help!

I have a 2010 Equinox LT2 that did not come with the factory remote start. I asked my local Chevy dealer how much it would cost to add the GM remote start, and they said it could not be added. It was only a factory option. They said I would have to go to a car audio shop and get an aftermarket remote start. Is this true? Anyone know what this might cost to get done aftermarket? Thanks for the help!

Though I don't know why your Nox does not have the R/S... Mine does and it is the same trim level that you have. I am wondering if you do in fact have it but I don't know..

www.chevyequinoxforum.com is a great place to learn about these crossovers and have some knowledgeable members there.

I would hate to say that the Dealer may be right but if it is something that could be added like it was from the factory with R/S it will be cheaper with aftermarket.

I just got an aftermarket remote start put on my 08 Sierra. It is just a basic remote start. That is all I wanted. It was $229 installed.

My LT2 has it also. I thought it was part of the package because I ordered my Equinox and the only options I ordered were the LT/2LT package and leather interior.

Well I went around this on my 2010 Terrain that I bought back in May. To this day the stereo shop still does not and cant order the right module to make it work correctly. But they suppose to be working on it. So I just traded it in on a 2011 slt terrain with the remote start.

I’m going to install one of these new systems we have in the next week or so and
shoot a video

That does not sound right. Yours is equipped with a stock RKE system. You need remote start fobs and your RCDLR and theft deterrent module reprogrammed. Any dealer should be able to do that. There's a kit with fobs and a code for GM calibration changes.

Correction you also need a new hood latch and harness for the safety switch. They do sell a kit with everything. Tell them to look up doc ID 2532583 in SI. There are similar kits for other models.

Edited by waltv

http://autospatech.com/added-accessories/remote-starts/gm-remote-start-using-factory-remote-flip-key.html this remote start is with Flip key and it fits various models of GMC, Buick, and Chevy, and that includes GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox as well.

here are the details of this system:

plug and play interface works right with the vehicle’s computer and utilizes an extended range remote for ease of use. Simply use your new extended range remote and your vehicles starts! A very inexpensive way to add this great feature to your vehicle and takes no more than 1-2 hours to install.