Best Leveling Kit For 2500hd?

So all i really know is some people say Rough Country keys are about 100$ and theyre good... what other brands are worth naming and will hold up? i dont mind spending another couple $ if a different product will hold up better

thanks,

-Kurt

I had the Pro Comp keys on my '04. They may have cost me between 100 & 125 @ 4 Wheel Parts in Indy. That was a couple of years ago. No issues other than the difficult removal of the OEM keys due the truck's age (5 years @ the time). I don't know what you mean by "will hold up". I don't think the keys wear. Break maybe if they aren't properly forged/machined.

I had the Pro Comp keys on my '04. They may have cost me between 100 & 125 @ 4 Wheel Parts in Indy. That was a couple of years ago. No issues other than the difficult removal of the OEM keys due the truck's age (5 years @ the time). I don't know what you mean by "will hold up". I don't think the keys wear. Break maybe if they aren't properly forged/machined.

yeah thats what i mean i dont want them to break anytime soon i want a solid product. thanks though ill consider those so far im looking at tough country Keys with shock extenders for like $101

Do you understand that new keys are usually a complete waste of money? The stock keys will level the truck. Unless you have tired T-bars.

how come? there must be some difference with putting new keys in versus just cranking the Tbars

The main difference is the new keys allow you to crank high enough to destroy your shocks. You aren't the first to fall into this swindle. And BTW, if you were to research this, you could find the same keys for $20, oem priced. This an an old topic.

They are a waste because you can crank your own keys to achieve lift. By installing reindexed keys, your actually hurting your suspension more than your helping.

You only want to crank about 2" to 2-1/2" at most and you can do that with your own keys. :rolleyes: Thats why they are a waste. And if you do, be sure to get an alignment afterwards

They are a waste because you can crank your own keys to achieve lift. By installing reindexed keys, your actually hurting your suspension more than your helping.

You only want to crank about 2" to 2-1/2" at most and you can do that with your own keys. :rolleyes: Thats why they are a waste. And if you do, be sure to get an alignment afterwards

What does cranking the bars up say 1" do to the ride quality? How about 2"? How about tire wear and suspension components longevity?

What does cranking the bars up say 1" do to the ride quality? How about 2"? How about tire wear and suspension components longevity?

so then are you saying its better to get keys?

thank you... but its kind of interesting in your truck discrip you have 2" Rough Country leveling kit listed which is exactly what i was planning to do... so why did you do it then if its pointless?

thank you... but its kind of interesting in your truck discrip you have 2" Rough Country leveling kit listed which is exactly what i was planning to do... so why did you do it then if its pointless?

Many people have been ripped off.

More than 1.5" and you will experience significant incidents of shock topout damage. Plus the rougher ride that comes from not having enough downtravel.

His is not 2500, no torsion bars.

If you are maxing out the shocks you can either buy/make brackets for the shocks, or buy shocks that are specifically designed for the small lift that the torsion keys have given you.

I have my keys cranked about 2" higher than stock, and used brackets for my factory shocks. Almost 19k miles, so far so good.

Archived