Wifes 6.0 Needs Good Sounding Exhaust... But On A Budget

I had a Magnaflow dual/dual on my 06 with the 6.0. I had the 14" model and it was awesome. It did tend to resonate in the cab a little, even with dual tailpipes and tips run out the back. A longer bodies muffler would probably have solved that issue. The sound was so smooth at idle, and sounded so tough under a load. Had a local shop do it for under $350. Thats muffler, two tailpipes, and two 3 1/2" x 18" chromed echo tips.

I never liked the sound of Flowmasters or other chambered mufflers, they always sound like the tailpipe is under water or something. And I always thought glasspacks were too loud, but I love the sound of Magnaflow. Plus, thats the most free flowing muffler you will find that wont burst your eardrums (exageration).

Im planning on running a 24" model on my 05 5.3.

Yes, go with stainless if you can afford it. All Maganflow Mufflers are stainless. Not sure about other brands. As far as tailpipes go, aluminized tubing will be good for southern, non-coastal climates where there is no salting in the winter or salt in the air. If you live anywhere that has a problem with rust, get the stainless tailpipes. Otherwise, dont worry about it.

I didnt get stainless pipe on mine because I live in the Piney Woods of East Texas. My pipes were 3 years old and showed no signs or rust anywhere. In climates that arent prone to rust, the aluminized pipes will last an easy 6 years, longer than 10 if you keep them clean of caked on mud and stuff.

Manaflow doesnt sound that great on an NBS IMO but its deffinetly the best quality out there at the same time. Like I said I think Flowmaster is the way to go, I believe it does have a lifetime warranty now aswell from what I remember when buying my catback last summer.

if you want a cheap fix, buy and muffler and weld it in. magnaflow, or dynomax are straight through. both great mufflers. quiet but have a nice low rumble under load or accelerating. flowmaster are nice. they are usually on the louder side. a straight through muffler usually has less drone i believe.

corsa and borla are definitely expensive, where the flowmaster and magnaflow are cheaper

the best thing to do is go on youtube and check out sound clips of your truck with different types of mufflers

Archived