Anti-lock Brakes

2010 Chevrolet Colorado.

Noise. Only when applying brakes on ice/snow AND when truck slides in such. A noise.

Hard to explain the noise. Kind of like but not a grinding noise. A distinct noise though. Only when brakes applied and only when truck is actually sliding. Truck doesn't slide much but a few times coming to a stop with snow/ice on pavement. Truck slides a few feet and the noise appears while truck is sliding. Once truck stops noise goes away. No other noise. Brakes work perfectly. No noise at any other times.

Do others have this? And is this something to report to dealer under warranty?

2010 Chevrolet Colorado.

Noise. Only when applying brakes on ice/snow AND when truck slides in such. A noise.

Hard to explain the noise. Kind of like but not a grinding noise. A distinct noise though. Only when brakes applied and only when truck is actually sliding. Truck doesn't slide much but a few times coming to a stop with snow/ice on pavement. Truck slides a few feet and the noise appears while truck is sliding. Once truck stops noise goes away. No other noise. Brakes work perfectly. No noise at any other times.

Sounds to me like maybe the Antilock brakes doing its thing in a slide. That would be normal.

2010 Chevrolet Colorado.

Sounds to me like maybe the Antilock brakes doing its thing in a slide. That would be normal.

thats what id have to guess too.

I personally say that is normal. I used to have an 04 Sonoma & now the 06 Sierra & both made the same noise as you describe. IMO I would only worry when it starts making that kind of noise without the brakes being applied. I've now had both front wheel bearings on the front of the Sierra replaced so you will definitely notice the noise difference between ABS & wheel bearing failure. Cruise on!

Does the truck have both ABS and stabillity control? You may be feeling the stabillity control kicking in as it cycles different brakes to adjust for your slide.

Yes. Truck has both. Thanks.

Archived