Removing Tahoe Bowtie

My wife drives a Texas Edition 09 Tahoe, and she was very insistant that a Texas Edition have Texas flag emblems. So, I bought some decals online and gave them to her for Christmas. This was the only thing she has ever asked for that was vehicle related so I was excited. They came in and looked to be good quality, but when I installed them, the fit was terrible. So, I think Ide rather paint them to a Tx flag instead.

I know the front can probably be removed similar to my 05 Silverado, with the 2 nuts on the backside, but I dont have any idea how to remove the one off of the back hatch. If someone could explain, Ide appreciate it. Im also a visual learner so pictures would be great. Thanks.

It should come off just like the trucks bowties with the only exception I thought there are 2 posts in the back of the bowtie (2 holes in the liftgate to secure).

Read this on another site

The Back emblem is a different story. Simply let your tahoe sit in the sun (back facing the sun) for a few hours. Then you can take fairly strong fishing line (it wont scratch the paint) and then slice it off by pulling the line underneith the emblem. OR

On the back emblem...it is actually 2 pieces....the gold and the chrome emblems....the gold emblem fits within the chrom emblem and is simple held on with double sided tape. The trick is to get underneith the gold one without scratching the chrome.... I used a ver small flat head screwdriver and once i got it up underneith I just kept lifting and it finally broke in half... and then I repeated the steps with the remaining half..... once the gold is off just clean up the tape residue with window cleaner or something along those lines... When you are done you will have a much more appealing chrome chevy emblem in the back..... I will post a photo later today of hom mine looks now.

I taped off everything on the back of my wife's Tahoe and painted it on the vehicle.

She would kick my ass if I tried that. Im not getting anywhere near a $40K vehicle with a can of spray paint. Ide rather remove the part and paint it elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Thanks. I think Im gonna wait until I can buy a billet one, before I start this project. Im not gonna buy the billet one, just have the money on hand so I can get it quick, in case I break the gold plastic piece.

Archived