Rpo Codes? Ap8 To Ap3

all of your old remotes will need to be reprogrammed in at the same time as the new ones. read the manual on how to program remotes, each time a new remote is to be learned it clears all remotes and you must relearn all of them.

• 4 years later...

You essentially just get new fobs, but the accessory kit that GM sell comes with both fobs and the special code that becomes associated with your truck allowing this feature to be turned on permanently and not turned off if the body control module is reflashed. p/n 17801236 from GMpartsdirect.com currently is 128.31 and you will pay less than an hundred buck for the dealer to program it. Call the dealer with that p/n and see if they can beat/match the price.

Dam, there not $128.31 anymore!!!

all of your old remotes will need to be reprogrammed in at the same time as the new ones. read the manual on how to program remotes, each time a new remote is to be learned it clears all remotes and you must relearn all of them.

Not if the technician selects next available slot in the procedure when programming new FOBs.

Still cheaper than having a remote car starter installed and you never know what kind of hay wire job they're going to do. Depends how desperate you are to have a warm vehicle when you slip in.

• Like 1

Still cheaper than having a remote car starter installed and you never know what kind of hay wire job they're going to do. Depends how desperate you are to have a warm vehicle when you slip in.

I was thinking the same thing. Who knows what hack job they could do!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have AP3 rpo code but the remote will open the rear glass, not start the truck(2007 Suburban 1500 4wd). Any suggestions on what to look for? Have new ECM and BCM. All code issues have been corrected and cleared. Any and all help is appreciated.

13 minutes ago, 0verWatch7121 said:

I have AP3 rpo code but the remote will open the rear glass, not start the truck(2007 Suburban 1500 4wd). Any suggestions on what to look for? Have new ECM and BCM. All code issues have been corrected and cleared. Any and all help is appreciated.

I feel like you should have made a new post for this. Lol.

The liftgate will open, just the glass will not pop? Is this correct?