08 5.3 Oil Sending Unit Help?

streetm1

Question

I have a 08 GMC 1500 5.3l. I would like to know the location of the oil sending unit. Dealer says the intake manifold needs to be removed to replace it and wants 570$ :shakehead: which I dont have. Does the manifold really need to be removed?

Thanks for any help.

0 answers to this question

I have a 08 GMC 1500 5.3l. I would like to know the location of the oil sending unit. Dealer says the intake manifold needs to be removed to replace it and wants 570$ :shakehead: which I dont have. Does the manifold really need to be removed?

Thanks for any help.

It is located behind the intake, depending on how much room is between the cowl and the intake, you may be able to get it out without intake removal.

I have a 08 GMC 1500 5.3l. I would like to know the location of the oil sending unit. Dealer says the intake manifold needs to be removed to replace it and wants 570$ :thumbs: which I dont have. Does the manifold really need to be removed?

Thanks for any help.

Just did one a 2003 5.3L engine and it requires a special extra thin walled socket. The intake did not have to come off. My Alldata system says, however, that on a 2008 the intake must be removed. Incidently, the sending unit is on the LH side at the rear of intake manifold.

Thanks for the advice/help. I located the sending unit and replaced it without having to remove the intake. There was just enough room to get the wrench past the intake. Cleared all of the the codes and now I am a happy boy. Truck is running great.

I love this site :devil:

I have a 08 GMC 1500 5.3l. I would like to know the location of the oil sending unit. Dealer says the intake manifold needs to be removed to replace it and wants 570$ :) which I dont have. Does the manifold really need to be removed?

Thanks for any help.

Just did one a 2003 5.3L engine and it requires a special extra thin walled socket. The intake did not have to come off. My Alldata system says, however, that on a 2008 the intake must be removed. Incidently, the sending unit is on the LH side at the rear of intake manifold.

Archived