2011 2500 Hd Mileage

Deciding on a 2011 2500 HD 6.0 or Duramax and wanted to know what kind of mileage the 6.0s are getting. Please state the specs of your truck when listing your mpg; 2wd or 4wd, crew cab, axle ratio, etc. TIA!

i just spent a month driving a 2011 6.0l crewcab long bed 2500hd, base model truck(4wd, 4.10). i couldnt get 400kms on a tank of gas in a mix of highway/minesite driving..... my duramax by comparision gets almost 700kms on 90l, and my work lmm is getting 600kkms on 90l...

the 10-12 mpg is typical of the 6.0l....

duramax is the way you wanna go if you are looking for gas milage. they get great milage empty and as good or better if they are under load.

A Duramax would be nice but I cannot justify the extra costs for my needs. I have also been watching gas prices as they have been rising of the past few months. Diesel in my area has been increasing more than petrol. A few weeks ago it was a $.25 difference from 87 to diesel, then $.30, and now $.35. Not sure if the extra mileage that a diesel gets over a gasser would be of any benefit now.

Tough decision, that's for sure.

For me, I get approximately 12-13mpg towing at 65mph compared to my YukonXL at 8mpg at 55mph, same trailer.

Diesel is once again more than gas, but I get more mpg out of it.

2011 CC shortbox 4wd 3.73 gears / Have about 6000 miles now and average as per dic is now at 11.9 mpg. It was at about 10.5 during cold winter months. That is with 10 minutes of warmup in the mornings. I think switching to Mobil 1 0W-30 may be helping a bit also.

Archived