2010 Gmc Canyon Exhaust Options?

My parents have the above truck they pull with their motor home and get this......rock climb with it. Anyway, he was looking at my air intake and exhaust on my Z71 and now wants to spend the money. We've looked all over but can't find any dual exhaust for his 5.3 engine on the Canyon. What suggestions do you guys have and links of course?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Considering the location of the spare tire, most folks find a "reputable" muffler shop and have a set of pipes made. Magna Flow & Flowmaster are two popular performance mufflers. If you don't want to lose the spare bring the exhaust out behind the rear tire. I use mine for the same purpose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you contact Steve at MBRP he will put togather a kit for you for a dual exhaust rear exit. It will not be a direct bolt on system and you must remove the spare. You will need to take it to an exhaust shop and have them make and install the mid pipe to make this system work. Their proto type system will not go into production unless the demand is great enough.

The only do DIY bolt on kit available right now is made by Dynomax. They have 2 kits, both are single rear exit but have different mufflers.

I had a magnaflo muffler installed and it did not sound that much different then the stock one. I cut it of and put on a flomaster super 40 and it sounds a little more agressive but the drone in the cab from 20-35 sucks.

Most of the v8 colorado owners who want duals have just taken there trucks down to the exhaust shop and had a system made.

You can check out v8chevycolorado.com there is a lot of info on there for the 5.3 trucks

Archived