6.2 Gas Milage.....

I gassed up with new truck. It has 3.73 gearing. The first tank was 13.5 mpg. I don't know what the dealer filled it with 87 or 91 octane if I had to guess I'd say 87. What a blast to drive! It really moves out!!! How are your 6.2's doing on mpg's. Post em up please?

Take care,

Matt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to be an a$$ but really who cares about gas mileage if your driving a truck with the 6.2 what did you really expect.

When mine needs fuel I fill it up with Ultra 94 once a week.

Alright i kept track once and I get 12mpg. in town and 15-16mpg hwy.

Don't want to be an a$$ but really who cares about gas mileage if your driving a truck with the 6.2 what did you really expect.

When mine needs fuel I fill it up with Ultra 94 once a week.

Alright i kept track once and I get 12mpg. in town and 15-16mpg hwy.

Because its nice to know what potential your truck has. I always keep track of what my fuel milage is. If i was really concerned about it then i would have bought my truck with a six cylinder. Its nice to know that my 6.2 gets the same mileage i was getting with my 08' 5.3. Knowing that i get 14.5 (40/60 city/highway) going back and forth from work, plus 403 little ponies makes you proud. And its fun to brag about being proffesional grade and getting decent mileage.

I have also ran E85 and i had only back hilly roads when i was running that (5 miles one way on short trips to town and back from home). I averaged a solid 8.6 mpgs according to the DIC.

I drive about 5 mile to work and if that is all I do the MPG is about 15.5. If I mix a little highway driving it gets to about 18.5. The DIC seems to read .2 higher than real. Cold starts seem to really drop the MPG. Leaving the heated garage in the morning drops the DIC .1 MPG but after a cold soak in the parking lot after work it drops .2 or .3.

Has anyone weighted their truck? My SLE 4X2 NHT crew weighs in at 5080 lbs with a full tank of fuel.

Im at only 1,268 miles but getting 13.5- 15.7 running around town non towing mixture of highway and city them made my first long run loaded tandem trailer 2 large quads 10 - 11.6 mpg according to the DIC. And that was 70-75mph both ways im totally happy with the truck. Its performing exactly as expected.

I drive about 5 mile to work and if that is all I do the MPG is about 15.5. If I mix a little highway driving it gets to about 18.5. The DIC seems to read .2 higher than real. Cold starts seem to really drop the MPG. Leaving the heated garage in the morning drops the DIC .1 MPG but after a cold soak in the parking lot after work it drops .2 or .3.

Has anyone weighted their truck? My SLE 4X2 NHT crew weighs in at 5080 lbs with a full tank of fuel.

18.5 in a mix of driving? Really, are we suppose to belive that?

Archived