How-To: GMT900 Tow Mirror Install.

MikeNH

I purchased a set of the towing mirrors for my 09' 2500 the old ones were power mirrors and no signal the new ones however are power with power extend as well which is where I am stuck. I am trying to find out if this is a separate switch and or harness everything else works including the signal lights just trying to figure put how to get the extend to work. Thanks in advance

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see any that offer power extend, only power for the main mirror, just like factory. The signal lights should work, it is all one plug that plugs into the power window switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for posting this. i have a 2012 silverado 1500 WT and want to swap my mirrors for manual tow mirrors. (no power,heat,or signals).

can i just take out the bolts and slap the new ones on? or do i have to take apart the door panel. again, there is no power so no electronics to mess with.

Thanks for your time

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

What's the difference between the code DF2 and DPN for tow mirrors? The DPN are about $80 more expensive on GM Parts Direct.

I have a 2009 Silverado LT with power, heated mirrors, turn signal and power fold.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

What's the difference between the code DF2 and DPN for tow mirrors? The DPN are about $80 more expensive on GM Parts Direct.

I have a 2009 Silverado LT with power, heated mirrors, turn signal and power fold.

Thanks.

DF2 are all manual

DPN are power. heated

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a 2017 1500 that I've been wanting to put towing mirrors on.. I took my truck to the dealer to see if they are plug-n-play.. They said that the driver mirror would be but that the passenger mirror would need an additional harness, they said they could install them for a mere $1,500. (mirrors: $650+labor) Idk where they get off saying $800 to install..

I currently have the Z71 color matching mirrors and would like my mirrors to match as well, but I can only find solid black or chrome. I am going to look into having the mirrors painted, If I didn't need an additional wiring harness I would do this myself to avoid invalidating my warranty.

I currently have heated and pwr operated, but not pwr folding. I don't need power folding but would like the luxury of the reverse lights, blinker, entrance and heated options. does anyone know for sure if i need additional harnesses or if they're just trying to make a buck?

These are the mirrors i would like, in Deep Ocean Blue:

post-170743-0-51793000-1490036597.jpg

I have a 2017 1500 that I've been wanting to put towing mirrors on.. I took my truck to the dealer to see if they are plug-n-play.. They said that the driver mirror would be but that the passenger mirror would need an additional harness, they said they could install them for a mere $1,500. (mirrors: $650+labor) Idk where they get off saying $800 to install..

I currently have the Z71 color matching mirrors and would like my mirrors to match as well, but I can only find solid black or chrome. I am going to look into having the mirrors painted, If I didn't need an additional wiring harness I would do this myself to avoid invalidating my warranty.

I currently have heated and pwr operated, but not pwr folding. I don't need power folding but would like the luxury of the reverse lights, blinker, entrance and heated options. does anyone know for sure if i need additional harnesses or if they're just trying to make a buck?

These are the mirrors i would like, in Deep Ocean Blue:

attachicon.gifmirrors.jpg

a mere $1500 :rollin: sounds like a stealership to me!

Archived