1 St E-85 Fill Up

Today I filled my truck up with E-85.Regular gas here in the NY Metro area is anywhere from $4.10-$4.25, E-85 is $ 3.29. Waited for the low fuel light to come on and drove to Long Island to fill up.Truck was fine on the ride home and if it runs ok I will be makin the trip out to save my almost 1$ a gallon.

This is what I wanna find out for myself,I know there is a formula for comparison,I think it's 60 cents a gallon for it to make sense.I want to try it for curiosity's sake.The truck runs fine,no codes,starts up fine.I am gonna check the mpg on E-85 and see how it goes. $4.20+ for a gallon of regular gas is disturbing and maybe I can help stick it to the man.LOL

The truck runs fine,no codes,starts up fine

It should, the flex fuel engines are designed to run on E85. Out of the 16K miles on my truck about 14K has been run on E85

It should, the flex fuel engines are designed to run on E85. Out of the 16K miles on my truck about 14K has been run on E85

Doesn't the 6.2 actually get the best results from E85? Thought I read somewhere it has higher compression and gets the best results when using E85.

I had my reservations about using E-85,after doing a bit of reading here about the pros and cons I decided to do it. It sucks there are no E-85 stations in the 5 boros.

I had my reservations about using E-85,after doing a bit of reading here about the pros and cons I decided to do it. It sucks there are no E-85 stations in the 5 boros.

Last I heard, we have one station in the entire province of Ontario. I have not tried it, but would like to just to see what happens.

Doesn't the 6.2 actually get the best results from E85? Thought I read somewhere it has higher compression and gets the best results when using E85.

All the flex fuel engines make slightly more power on E85 in our trucks.

i wish you luck for me the price difference needs to be at .70 cents to break even and every station around me keeps e85 and unleaded almost exactly 60 cents aprart all the time. i ran e85 for a month and droped me down to just under 16mpg, i am now back on unleaded and getting just over 19mpg

e-85 never got off the ground, its far more expensive to make then normal gas let alone subsidized by the goverment...also there is no point in buying it at its current price anyway you cut it its not helping anybody really

e-85 never got off the ground

Funny any station I go to around here I have a wait to use the pump. Plenty of people using it. Just depends where you are.

Funny any station I go to around here I have a wait to use the pump. Plenty of people using it. Just depends where you are.

That's what you get when you live in farm country. Trust me, I know. :)

Archived