1 St E-85 Fill Up

none around here thank goodness. What I like is ethanol free ;)

I am sort of like an all or nothing kind of person. I would like to try the E85 with the ECU tuned for it by BB. I will not use E10 or E15 though, the measured drop in economy is just not worth it.

Here are some results,I have driven 145.8 miles with the E-85. I was passing the station where I bought it so I figured let me stop in and get a rough estimate on the mpg with the E-85. I filled it up and it took 10.888 gallons and I drove 145.8 miles. My calculator puts it around 13.4 mpg mostly city driving with some highway mixed in. I was expecting worse so I was pleasantly surprised.

Funny any station I go to around here I have a wait to use the pump. Plenty of people using it. Just depends where you are.

That's what you get when you live in farm country. Trust me, I know. :thumbs:

i live in corn country, ethanol plants are hated by the public because of the odor and waste...farmers are boned because they don't know if ethanol plants will take their corn or not..its just not worth it, i'm all for a replacement for straight gas made from dinosaurs but its just not cheap enough and flexible enough to meet the average consumers needs, on average most people are driving vehicles 12 years old...e85 won't work for those consumers...please don't play the "i'm saving the enviroment card or i'm sending money to the farmers card" because ethanol is subsidized by the feds

i live in corn country, ethanol plants are hated by the public because of the odor and waste...farmers are boned because they don't know if ethanol plants will take their corn or not..its just not worth it, i'm all for a replacement for straight gas made from dinosaurs but its just not cheap enough and flexible enough to meet the average consumers needs, on average most people are driving vehicles 12 years old...e85 won't work for those consumers...please don't play the "i'm saving the enviroment card or i'm sending money to the farmers card" because ethanol is subsidized by the feds

Dude, you need to flippin' RELAX. Nobody was trying to "play" any "card". Things are different throughout this country and everybody has an opinion on this but I'm sure arguing about it here, isn't going to solve a damn thing.

This just in!!

Supposedly, some BP refinery is having issues and needs to shut down for an unknown amount of time and yes, you guessed it, just in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend!! Fuel prices are due to go up by 30-40 cents a gallon by yup, you guessed it again, Friday morning! :thumbs:

Get your fuel today, boys and girls! :dunno:

This just in!!

Supposedly, some BP refinery is having issues and needs to shut down for an unknown amount of time and yes, you guessed it, just in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend!! Fuel prices are due to go up by 30-40 cents a gallon by yup, you guessed it again, Friday morning! :thumbs:

Get your fuel today, boys and girls! :dunno:

It's all media hype used to live in the area and have a friend who works there in whiting there isn't an issue it's normal yearly maIntenance media is blowing it out of proportion

• 3 weeks later...

wtf it was close to $1 cheaper to go e85 now its only 50 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

87 is around $3.50

E85 is around $3.00

dont think that makes it worth it anymore! i only get like 10-11 mpg on E85 all around town and slow driving

• 4 months later...
e-85 never got off the ground

Funny any station I go to around here I have a wait to use the pump. Plenty of people using it. Just depends where you are.

Of course the gas stations are going to supply it. There is a line up, you burn 25% more of it than regular fuel, and costs almost the same at the pump. Giant win-win for the gas companies.... :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

After having my truck for 6 months, and doing the calculations. E85 is a RIP OFF !!! E85 must be 25% cheaper than regular gas, or you are paying more.

E85 is only 10% cheaper here in NY, so I will not use it. Another gov't joke.

Archived