Indexing Plugs Gain Anything On Stock?

Would indexing the plugs on a stock engine make any noticeable benefits (gas mileage, power, ?) or is indexing pretty much more suited for high performance/high RPM enigines?

Hope this has not been covered in here before but every combination of index, indexing, spark, and/or plug did not come up with what I was looking for.

I am into performance on another application and from my research indexing is worth something on SOME mostly older applications and even then how the plug is indexed varies whether it should face one valve or the other or the chamber.

IMO on stuff this new with manufacturing technology where it is if there was a gain to indexing on these the heads would be threaded just right and the plugs assembled to index them automatically. Miniscule mileage and power gains are worth big money to OEMs.

Chamber technology has come a long ways, they made some big leaps in the 90s which helps flame travel too. That and I know my bone stock 96 coil throws as much heat as an aftermaket coil does for an 80s application.

Archived