What Are The Torque Specs For The Body Mounts On A Silverado?

Hey guys, i have been looking around the forums but found nothing. I am buying step bars for the truck so the wife can get in. I need to know the correct torque specs required for the cab mounts (Body Mounts) once the step bars have been installed. Because the body mounts must be re torqued back to correct setting. Can anyone help me with this please.

Thank you for your time

Hey guys, i have been looking around the forums but found nothing. I am buying step bars for the truck so the wife can get in. I need to know the correct torque specs required for the cab mounts (Body Mounts) once the step bars have been installed. Because the body mounts must be re torqued back to correct setting. Can anyone help me with this please.

Thank you for your time

Body Mounting Bolt

60 N·m Plus 170 Degrees

44 lb ft Plus 170 Degrees

Found it here

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/lofiversio...php/t98561.html

Thank you for your time

Body Mounting Bolt

60 N·m Plus 170 Degrees

Found it here

So is 60N-m plus = to 44lb ft plus? Sorry new to this stuff.

Thank you for your time

Body Mounting Bolt

60 N·m Plus 170 Degrees

Found it here

So is 60N-m plus = to 44lb ft plus? Sorry new to this stuff.

Yes

Thank you for your time

Body Mounting Bolt

60 N·m Plus 170 Degrees

Found it here

That was back in '09. The '11 model year, body mount bolt torque specification shows 52 lb/ft according to the service manual.

Thank you for your time

Body Mounting Bolt

60 N·m Plus 170 Degrees

Found it here

That was back in '09. The '11 model year, body mount bolt torque specification shows 52 lb/ft according to the service manual.

And that is for every modle single cab ext cab crew cab Z71?

resist the urge to use an impact to get the bolts out, the newer gm body mounts have been known to spin the captive nut up inside the body causing a real massive headache to fix.... it will be tight but just do it by hand

Actually, the easiest way to do it IMO is to use an impact but give the bolt a quick bump in the tight direction (which breaks the thread lock), then loosen it. Works like a charm.

resist the urge to use an impact to get the bolts out, the newer gm body mounts have been known to spin the captive nut up inside the body causing a real massive headache to fix.... it will be tight but just do it by hand

Actually, the easiest way to do it IMO is to use an impact but give the bolt a quick bump in the tight direction (which breaks the thread lock), then loosen it. Works like a charm.

I hear ya but the manual says to not use a impact.

Archived