Advent Ogm-1 Installation Video

For those that have asked what it takes to install this unit, I installed an Advent OGM-1 navi yesterday in a 2011 Silverado with Bose and shot a 20 minute video showing the installation from start to finish, along with the programming steps for Bose/non-Bose amp setting and "demo" mode.

Watch it on Vimeo

This was only slightly shorter than real time - it took me about 35 minutes total, which included shooting the video.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that have asked what it takes to install this unit, I installed an Advent OGM-1 navi yesterday in a 2011 Silverado with Bose and shot a 20 minute video showing the installation from start to finish, along with the programming steps for Bose/non-Bose amp setting and "demo" mode.

Watch it on Vimeo

This was only slightly shorter than real time - it took me about 35 minutes total, which included shooting the video.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Just shot another series of demos on the OGM1 last Friday in a 2012 Silverado Dually. Pretty much the same stuff, but I went more into detail on Bluetooth audio sources (including Slingbox), rear seat entertainment operation and showed the rear camera and rear sensors in action a little bit better than in the past. Click here to watch the videos.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work Walt.

Ill do a little review shortly. I realy want my back up camera before I do one. I have had the unit in for under a week now and and love it!

Cool! Did you see the splash screens you sent that I converted and posted for you? You were right - they definitely show off the screen res - pretty amazing, huh?

Very shortly, I'll have multiple options for tailgate bezel backup cameras and license plate cameras - I'll be posting pictures and instructions soon so you can see which one would work best for you...

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Nice work Walt.

Ill do a little review shortly. I really want my back up camera before I do one. I have had the unit in for under a week now and and love it!

Cool! Did you see the splash screens you sent that I converted and posted for you? You were right - they definitely show off the screen res - pretty amazing, huh?

Very shortly, I'll have multiple options for tailgate bezel backup cameras and license plate cameras - I'll be posting pictures and instructions soon so you can see which one would work best for you...

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

I did, I need to figure out which one I want to keep!.. Whats the story on the cams? I have been in touch with Camera solutions. I was going to order next week. Come on Walt give me the skinny!

i bought a backup camera from camera-source.com and it works good. their kits are $170 for the one with a CCD camera. DO NOT buy the wireless kit. the wireless transmitters are junk.

Nice work Walt.

Ill do a little review shortly. I really want my back up camera before I do one. I have had the unit in for under a week now and and love it!

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

I did, I need to figure out which one I want to keep!.. Whats the story on the cams? I have been in touch with Camera solutions. I was going to order next week. Come on Walt give me the skinny!

Nice work Walt.

Ill do a little review shortly. I realy want my back up camera before I do one. I have had the unit in for under a week now and and love it!

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

haha! I agree, get on this Walt so I can figure out what to buy from you! :lol:

Nice work Walt.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

John,

Have some new ones on the way and we already have photos of the view sent by the supplier, but I always want to verify for ourselves exactly what to expect before we sell them. Give me 5 days and I should have something for you to choose from. :- )

Walt

Hi Walt...

Moments ago, I sent you folks an email through your site... A OGM-1 has GOT to find it's way into my 2011 Silverado. Look forward to hearing back from you!!

Dan

You should have an email in your inbox, Dan!

Walt

Nice work Walt.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

John,

Have some new ones on the way and we already have photos of the view sent by the supplier, but I always want to verify for ourselves exactly what to expect before we sell them. Give me 5 days and I should have something for you to choose from. :- )

Walt

5 Days? Didn't I explain that when I want things I want them now..lol J/k let me know! Call me as soon as its ready. Hell call me before its ready and II`ll let you use my rig is the Ginnie pig!

`

You should have an email in your inbox, Dan!

Walt

Walt... Response received!! Many thanks sir!!

I'm ready to pull the trigger but I just want to make absolutely sure I will lose none of the stock radio functionality by installing the OGM-1. XM, full hands free Bluetooth, radio presets at the steering wheel... Even voice dialing and the feature that my truck talks back to me. (Note: I think that's slicker than white bread and ball point pens!!)

How does the screen act in cold, I mean REALLY COLD, weather? Minnesota gets mighty nippy in the winter.

Archived