Codes P0455 And P0449

I'm showing both these codes now on my 06 5.3 Crew Cab with 40,000 miles. previously I have seen just the P0455 (Tighten Fuel cap) code but it's not been the fuel cap. I've suspected the solenoid. With the P0449, does that for sure indicate a bad solenoid?

Replacement part number and source would be great if anyone has done this to an 06 5.3

Mike in AL

Do a search on the P0449 code & you should find all the information that you need to fix your truck. To answer your question, yes it's the solenoid as I've had to get the same solenoid replaced. Unfortunately I found this site about a month too late & paid entirely too much at the dealership to repair my truck. Good luck from your neighbor in Georgia.

I used AC Delco part # 214-2149 from Rockauto.com on my '06 Silverado E/C....a few feet of 5/8 heater hose, 2 clamps.....15 minutes under the truck, and it's done. The one thing I would do different myself is to use something that is not as thick walled as the heater hose....too bulky in my opinion....also, took 3 driving cycles for the CEL to go out.

I used AC Delco part # 214-2149 from Rockauto.com on my '06 Silverado E/C....a few feet of 5/8 heater hose, 2 clamps.....15 minutes under the truck, and it's done. The one thing I would do different myself is to use something that is not as thick walled as the heater hose....too bulky in my opinion....also, took 3 driving cycles for the CEL to go out.

Perfect, thank you kind sir. I knew someone had the information that I was thinking about handy. :)

Thanks for the help and the video link. One more question. One response calls out AC Delco part 214-2149 which i think is the same as GM 25932571. Amazon says this one does NOT fit my truck. I have also seen a reference to AC Delco part 214-2082 which i think is the same as GM 19152349. This one is more expensive and it looks as if this one has the filter box with it. It also has 2 hose outlets where as the 2149 only has one.

What determines which one I should use? I'll get under my truck tonight and have a look to at least see if my solenoid has one or two hose outlets. I guess if it's one than the 2149 is it.

Thanks,

Mike in AL

Remember that one is for the original OE location and simple

replacement and the other is for the later GM TSB and relocation

procedure with a different part number and the associated parts

needed.

Read here for BOTH different part numbers and procedures

to repair:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...l=evap+solenoid

Thanks for all the great help and info. I'm going to get under there this weekend and verify what I've got and which setup I need to buy. maybe I cana get rid of these codes once and for all.

Mike in AL

MIKE..............My 07 gmt-900 was throwing the 0449 code.

I just took the evap. sol. off and cleaned the crud out of the

vent hole in the solenoid and cleared the code.

If you read the link I posted GMs fix for this was to relocate the

evap. solenoid. The link explains BOTH fixes.

You can either replace the unit in its factory location with the OE

part or do the relocation procedure repair.

MIKE..............My 07 gmt-900 was throwing the 0449 code.

I just took the evap. sol. off and cleaned the crud out of the

vent hole in the solenoid and cleared the code.

If you read the link I posted GMs fix for this was to relocate the

evap. solenoid. The link explains BOTH fixes.

You can either replace the unit in its factory location with the OE

part or do the relocation procedure repair.

I guess it comes down to $ as the relocation and adding filter box is the more extensive option. I don't drive in dusty conditions so i may opt for OEM replace. I did take the solenoid off once and try to clean but codes came back. Thanks, Mike

OK, bought the 25932571 solenoid from local dealer $31 and some 5/8" heater hose and clamps and replaced old one. Disconnected battery to see if that cleared codes but not yet. I'll drive it a week and if they don't clear on their own I guess I'll go to AutoZone and see if they can clear for me. Hope replacing this fixes this problem once and for all. It did cure me of trying to squeeze a little extra gas in. Now when pump clicks that's it!

Thanks for all the help.

Mike in AL

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the help and the video link. One more question. One response calls out AC Delco part 214-2149 which i think is the same as GM 25932571. Amazon says this one does NOT fit my truck. I have also seen a reference to AC Delco part 214-2082 which i think is the same as GM 19152349. This one is more expensive and it looks as if this one has the filter box with it. It also has 2 hose outlets where as the 2149 only has one.

What determines which one I should use? I'll get under my truck tonight and have a look to at least see if my solenoid has one or two hose outlets. I guess if it's one than the 2149 is it.

Thanks,

Mike in AL

I know this is an old thread, but can you share the video link?

My "new" 2004 is giving that same code (along with a few others! damn used trucks!).

thanks

Archived