2011 Silverado Factory Camera Wiring

This thread is very helpful but I have one additional question and I've looked everywhere to get a clear answer. I have an 08 Tahoe with factory nav and referse camera. How do I give the oem camera power to turn on while I am driving? Since I have factory nav now it isn't displayed in the rear view mirror so I'm not sure if I can tap into the wire mentioned above.

I'm trying to avoid having to run a new wire all the way from the oem camera up to the dash to give it constant power. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Its a little more complicated than just tapping into another wire to power on the camera. The nav gets its reverse signal on the lan bus. Therefore, you will need to invest in a Nav-tv or similar module that will add the option to switch to the camera screen when desired.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have everything hooked up now but no video to my new head unit..however my headunit (pioneer avh4400) has a wire in the wire harness that says it needs to be hooked up to the reverse positive voltage wire on the reverse lights. Currently it is unhooked..is there somewhere else (closer) I can get that signal?

I have everything hooked up now but no video to my new head unit..however my headunit (pioneer avh4400) has a wire in the wire harness that says it needs to be hooked up to the reverse positive voltage wire on the reverse lights. Currently it is unhooked..is there somewhere else (closer) I can get that signal?

You can grab the reverse light output at the left I/P Junction Block (under the square plastic cover between the e-brake and foot brake pedal).

It will be the dark blue wire in the upper right position in the upper right (light gray) plug.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another question! My pioneer head unit I can change input to the rear view camera. When doing this I only get a black screen, I assume because the camera is off? How can I change it to when ever I turn this input on the head unit the camera comes on? It works great when in reverse..

Got another question! My pioneer head unit I can change input to the rear view camera. When doing this I only get a black screen, I assume because the camera is off? How can I change it to when ever I turn this input on the head unit the camera comes on? It works great when in reverse..

Make sure the camera is wired to an accessory power source – it sounds like it is now wired to a reverse light power source, so it only stays on while in reverse.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but can any one tell me what the other three wires in this set plug are? I have the male end under my dash and am trying to hook up a backup camera and rear view mirror. I have looked at the upfitter guide but can't seem to figure it out. The truck is a 2011 with the YE9 package. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben

Here is a list of all five:

Position

A White circuit 7641 camera positive

B Blue circuit 7642 camera negative

C bare circuit 6799 shield (above two wires) May have black tape/insulation

D Tan circuit 6191 power back window switch OPEN (overhead console switch)

E White circuit 6192 power back window switch CLOSE (overhead console switch)

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older thread but I need some help. my dad has a 2014 sierra and I installed a kenwwod excelon double din in dash nav system. I found the harness in the kick panel. every time I connect the rca from my kenwood rear cam input to the blue and white wire in the kick panel the video to the rear view mirror cam cuts out and the green light in the mirror blinks. I get no video to either the in dash unit or the mirror. as soon as I disconnect from the blue and white wires the signal comes back to the rear view mirror??? what is causing the video signal to be lost?