2011 Silverado Factory Camera Wiring

I noticed today that my Eonon view of the back up camera is opposite to the one in my rear view mirror. Are my wires backwards, or does it operate this way. Like hooking to my trailer, the more I turned towards the hitch, the further away I was getting in the Eonon screen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I am trying to do this same thing on a 2011 Yukon that has factory Reverse Camera in the Rear View Mirror. I would like to tap into existing cable an run to an after market head unit via RCA, just like the referenced links in this thread. The issue is that I am unable to locate the module in left A pillar, at the bottom edge of the dash just above the left kick panel. My Factory head unit was NOT a Navigation system, not sure if that matters or not. It came with factory rear view camera that displays in the rear view mirror. My goal here is to tap into existing rear view camera wiring in hopefully a convenient and easy location :) and run to the new head units reverse camera input via RCA. I would like to keep out put on rear view mirror and also have it run to my head units display at the same time, that way if I put factory system back in the vehicle it still functions as it was. Currently my new head unit works great, with exception of rear view camera. The head unit even tries to display the camera input and is triggered when vehicle is put in reverse. Of course since there is no input, it is just a black screen the entire time the vehicle is in reverse. All I am really looking for is some guidance on locating the existing camera's wiring and how to splice into. I do NOT see a harness like the examples of the 2011 Silverado in the left A Pillar. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated! Look forward to a response soon! Thanks in advance.

Edited by bdpennington

• 3 months later...

So it looks like this old topic is still going. I have a 2008 Silverado with factory NAV but no factory cam. I bought a NAV from a 2011 with cam. I have found the input pins for the RCA but I'd like to know if there is also a power out to the cam from the NAV unit? I know the cam power can just be connected to the reverse lights but most backup cams stay on for a few seconds after the vehicle is taken out of reverse. I assume this extended power on would be handled by the NAV unit itself or the BCM.

• 7 months later...

I am trying to do this same thing on a 2011 Yukon that has factory Reverse Camera in the Rear View Mirror. I would like to tap into existing cable an run to an after market head unit via RCA, just like the referenced links in this thread. The issue is that I am unable to locate the module in left A pillar, at the bottom edge of the dash just above the left kick panel. My Factory head unit was NOT a Navigation system, not sure if that matters or not. It came with factory rear view camera that displays in the rear view mirror. My goal here is to tap into existing rear view camera wiring in hopefully a convenient and easy location :) and run to the new head units reverse camera input via RCA. I would like to keep out put on rear view mirror and also have it run to my head units display at the same time, that way if I put factory system back in the vehicle it still functions as it was. Currently my new head unit works great, with exception of rear view camera. The head unit even tries to display the camera input and is triggered when vehicle is put in reverse. Of course since there is no input, it is just a black screen the entire time the vehicle is in reverse. All I am really looking for is some guidance on locating the existing camera's wiring and how to splice into. I do NOT see a harness like the examples of the 2011 Silverado in the left A Pillar. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated! Look forward to a response soon! Thanks in advance.

2014 Yukon XL here and am in the same boat. CANNOT locate the module in the kick panel! Anyone have a guess as to where it would be on these Yukons? Connect directly at the mirror/monitor and run RCA the entire way? Or trace the wiring by removing the A-pillar cover?

If I'm lucky enough to find the module, I found this harness to avoid having to even t-tap the wires!

https://camera-source.com/accessories/wiring-kits/2009-2013-silverado-sierra-split-mirror-and-navi-display-without-power-rear-window.html

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, I know this is an old thread, but I was in the same boat as a lot of you, am installing a Kenwood head unit in my 2009 Sierra Denali. Could not find the black connector  with the blue and white wires anywhere, after much reading and researching, I saw Walt’s reply in this thread and looked close at his schematics, I had the GR/Blu and Gry/ OR wires up at the mirror, and traced them back down by the distribution block to the left of the brake pedal, they go into a white connector, not inside the block , but to the left of it. I tapped into the wires there, , and it works great .just wanted to share. Thanks.

• 4 years later...