My 8.1 2500hd Just got smoked by a PT cruiser Turbo

im 18, i make 9.25 an hour, and i like my 8.1 so no way im getting a 6.2 or a 1500 for that matter, lol sorry to burst your bubble guys. I guess ill just have to start with a BB tune and idk cut off exhaust or Magnaflow catback i haven't decided yet? Got any ideas as to what sounds good i don't want a loud raspy sound, i want a nice deep aggressive rumble. When can i get a time and place to get the BB tune and how much do you think its going to run me?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are 18 and make 9 dollars an hour...and you want to mutilate your truck's exhaust in hopes of making your big block 3/4 HD fast?...you do realise that womping on the truck isent going make the truck last longer...maybe you will learn your lesson when you have to fork out for a new allison

He just wants to play a little like all of us do. Magnaflow sounds great, i like borla.

until you get the mufflers or exhaust you can cut the oem muffler and 2 into 1 tailpipe off..If anything it will sound better unyil you get your exhaust. Both BB tunes ive had were 'in person tunes' I think thats the best way to go!

For a nice deep tone thats easy on the ears I would suggest a 18 inch magnaflow 12469.. I've had several nice comments on the sound of this muffler with my truck.. I would run your factory cats unless they are shot! And just run the duels out behind the rear wheels at about a 65 deg angle.. Try to avoid any 90 deg bends as this will make your exhaust pop and crackle...

ps.... Long live the ... "Rat"

I agree, nice smooth bend if possible. you can actually get it at a 45 degree depending on were they start and were you want the tailpipe to end. Remember the longer the muffler the quieter they are. I had 2 12" borla mufflers on an 05 sierra 6.0 ext cab lb and it sounded great.. not to loud and not much drone at all

Do a decent intake..then your exhaust, and see justin from BB in person and youll be happy with your final product.

When that gets old maybe try a cam thats not real crazy so the rest of your rotating assembly and top end can stay stock..

Comp cams makes 3 for the 8.1, Im looking into

The PT GT is something like a 6.0s 0-60 car vs. over 8 for your truck. It will take forced induction to beat one with your truck. Save your money and stop racing. The 6.2L would be very close, not sure beat it every time.. The 8.1L is a great work engine. Keep it that way.

The intake and exhaust is gonna help even though you dont feel so much, You will absoluetly feel and notice the tune, you have to definitly do an in person tune..Ive done to and its the easiest way to get it perfect in one shot Vs through the mail and multiole emails/downloads and work to get it right.

Its only a $50 deposit and $200 at the time of tune.

im 18, i make 9.25 an hour, and i like my 8.1 so no way im getting a 6.2 or a 1500 for that matter, lol sorry to burst your bubble guys. I guess ill just have to start with a BB tune and idk cut off exhaust or Magnaflow catback i haven't decided yet? Got any ideas as to what sounds good i don't want a loud raspy sound, i want a nice deep aggressive rumble. When can i get a time and place to get the BB tune and how much do you think its going to run me?

It would be a lot cheaper, easier & smarter to just stop trying to race with a truck. What are you thinking? If you want to race, get a car........ If you want a truck, forget about racing (unless you have a helluva lot of $).

maybe i'll go buy a john deer 6x6 and turn that into a speed machine

also cold air intakes and exhaust mods don't do shit unless you either tune for it or add forced induction(exhaust)

Hmmmm...

Can't believe the number of people (presumably some adults included) who are so willing to coach a young 18 yr old on how to make a 5000+ brick go faster down a public street.

Wow....wonder how many will speak up when he smokes some innocent driver.....

Archived