6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

Diffferent cam and heads between the LS3 and L9H.The LS3 also has no VVT, AFM and it is not E85 compatible. The L99 is a closer sibling to the L9H than the LS3 is.

The L9H has AFM? Mine does not. Is this something that could be turned on/off in the programming for the L9H then?

Diffferent cam and heads between the LS3 and L9H.The LS3 also has no VVT, AFM and it is not E85 compatible. The L99 is a closer sibling to the L9H than the LS3 is.

The L9H has AFM? Mine does not. Is this something that could be turned on/off in the programming for the L9H then?

The L9H doesn't have AFM. Only the L99 does. He is however correct about the LS3 not having VVT or being E85 compatable.

So I'm curious ..I have a 6.2 CC 4x4. Havnt had an oppertunity to run it against a new ram with a hemi or the ford ecoboost..or anything for that matter lol..my truck doesn't have the NHT like I wish it did but which truck is the quickest out of the bunch?..

So I'm curious ..I have a 6.2 CC 4x4. Havnt had an oppertunity to run it against a new ram with a hemi or the ford ecoboost..or anything for that matter lol..my truck doesn't have the NHT like I wish it did but which truck is the quickest out of the bunch?..

The hemi's not even a challenge, but on paper, the new ecoboost is. I think from a dead stop the 6.2L would pull a pretty quick lead but the ecoboost would catch up in the end. Which is faster.. well it would be close.

I never implied that the L9H had AFM, only that the LS3 does not. I am fully aware that the L99 does have AFM, however.

Apologies, that is how it read to me.

No need. I'm no english major but after re-reading it a few times, before I posted it, it seemed fine to me. In hindsight, I can see how you came to the conclusion that you did, as well. :cheers:

That's what I was thinking..forgot to mention the tundra in my post. My buddy has a friend with a tundra and he thinks is close to being as quick as the 6.2. Either mine is getting a little doggy or I'm getting used to the power now lol. Have yet to turn the stability control off and stand on the gas from a dead stop. Must be getting older because I think of all the wear and tear of abusing a vehicle now. Glad I didn't have this truck when I was a teenager :) lol

What were you driving when you raced the tundras?

You guys racing Tundras are just lucky that the Toyota driver doesn't know what he's doing :) Those trucks are neck to neck w/ a 6.2 in tests with experienced drivers. The big thing for them is that they have to disable all the nannies, or it will bog down bad from the start. When disabled, those things get going quick. It really comes down to truck weight and driver skill/experience. OK... enough off topic. edit: Also... Toyota has the option of the TRD supercharger (factory warrantied), so that's another thing some of those guys have.

Edited by music

Wow a supercharged tundra?..that would be insane! Also seems like the toyotas usualy get lower gearing in the axles as a general rule.

Wow a supercharged tundra?..that would be insane! Also seems like the toyotas usualy get lower gearing in the axles as a general rule.

You guys racing Tundras are just lucky that the Toyota driver doesn't know what he's doing :) Those trucks are neck to neck w/ a 6.2 in tests with experienced drivers. The big thing for them is that they have to disable all the nannies, or it will bog down bad from the start. When disabled, those things get going quick. It really comes down to truck weight and driver skill/experience. OK... enough off topic. edit: Also... Toyota has the option of the TRD supercharger (factory warrantied), so that's another thing some of those guys have.

Thank You. I have been racing smart tundra drivers then because they are pretty damn quick. I still beat them, but out of all the trucks out there, they are without a doubt the fastest with someone who knows how to drive it. The Calloway Silverado that puts out like 540 hp supercharged too.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1110_2012_callaway_silverado_sc540_sporttruck/

The qtr mile time on that however should be in the 12's. My friends 6.2 is running 13.6 with headers, 3:42s, cai, and tune and 18" wheels.