1998 chevy 1500 wont start

have problem with my truck. checked everything out have 62psi pressure to fuel rail, spark to plugs , clear air intake.

truck turns over fine but wont fire. happened twice b4 and after towing to shop the mech checked all the usual issues and when he cleared codes and turned it over to check what codes reset the darned thing started and ran.

he didnt charge me anything except the tow fee and told me he was at a loss to explain why its just up and started.

its a chevy 1500 5.7L vortec. the only issues that occur b4 the wont start issue is it starts running a bit rough and gives me hessitant shifting b4 i turn it off and it wont start. its makin me nuts trying to figure this out . the only code its giving is an evap code which i dont believe will not let it start and run . HELP

• 2 months later...

had a mech look at it and he said timing was off . problem fixed for about a month then came back exactly the same as before. towing it in to him in the morn since he said he stands by his work gonna give him another shot at it. this is driving me nuts

Archived