2008 2500HD Dual Battery Question

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks! I would have thought the dealer would have powerted the plow from the Aux battery. Do you think I should change the plow power leads to the aux battery?

Moving the plow to the aux battery won't make any difference. The plow is used with the truck running and is power by the alternator with the batteries only jumping in to handle the sudden surges the plow needs.

I just looked in my 08 FSM and see the primary is indeed the passerger side. Can someone, Diesail maybe, set me strait about my 2000 being the opposite?

Mark

I believe the primary switched from the front, drivers side to the rear, passengers side with the GMT900 trucks. My '05 has the primary on the driver's side.

DEWFPO

ding, ding, ding. Yep, 07.5 and up GMT900s.

regardless of use, life expectancy for most batteries is 4-6 years, depending upon climate. Yes yes yes, there are some who have gone way up to 10+ years and of course that is the exception to the rule, but in general, 4-6 years. I'm not sure there would be any advantage to swapping the batteries around at this point, or even at all.

Archived