Door speaker went bad in OBS Silverado, need advice

I have a new body style so cant say specific for you year but I would image it to be very similar. You can absolutley do it yourself. Check youtube and I am bet you will find lots of how tos - that what I did when I was gettting ready to replace mine. Fairly straight forward but it always helps to know ahead of time.

Heres one I found one the first search:

Ernie

• 2 weeks later...

I found out that the door speaker in my 2007 with Bose system is only a woofer and not a full speaker.

the little speaker looking things in the uprights are the tweeters

is there any suggestions here for fixing this

the local audio shops want to replace both front speakers and tie into the small tweeters for about $200

I found out that the door speaker in my 2007 with Bose system is only a woofer and not a full speaker.

the little speaker looking things in the uprights are the tweeters

is there any suggestions here for fixing this

the local audio shops want to replace both front speakers and tie into the small tweeters for about $200

If you have the Bose and your talking about the back door speaker then they should be full range there is only tweeters in the front a pillars of GM trucks you can just replace them with aftermarket speakers and have much better sound quality than those paper speakers. You can get full ranger or component its up to you.

Archived