Went to a 4x4 shop to ask about a lift ....BDS !!

The guys were kind of pricks a bit when I started asking questions but then they lightened up.

They told me BDS is the only way to go with the 900's . I only want 4" (max) . I have not been able to find out if there is any cutting or welding with this kit . Does anyone know off hand ?? Whats your thoughts on BDS ??

Thank you

Mike

yes, you do have to cut and weld for this kit, i have their 6" kit on mine, i love it, it fit great, the finish holds up very well i think with their new front shocks(strut bodies) it rides a lot better, bds makes a very good quality kit you'll be very very happy!, however i see in your sig you have a daystar 2" front kit already, a cheaper alternative to achieve pretty much the same thing would be zone offroad's 1.5" body lift and put the rest into the wheels and tires or other accessories

Like others have said, BDS is the only way to go for a suspension lift. I have had nothing but a good experience with them in the past. The quality is second to none and they stand behind their products. Customer service is outstanding and they will help you with whatever you need.......Get the 6" kit, you won't regret it.

BDS is great almost purchased one myself. I went with CST only because I didn't want to increase the front track width.

I would see that as a plus also . I am pretty sure I remember you did the lift yourself. Was there any cutting/welding on the CST ?

There's cutting involved in every proper suspension lift out there. If you want to lift your truck's suspension, you'll have to cut.

The BDS kits are great. IMO you can't go wrong with BDS, Fabtech, FTS, CST, Cognito, Procomp, Superlift, and even the 5" RCX. It all comes down to what fits in your budget and what options/look/lift height catches your eye the most.

You have to cut the peice off in the photo, it can always be welded back on. If it's not removed you can't drop the diff.

BDS directions say weld a plate back across where this section is cut off the other brands do not.

post-87568-0-48276700-1329652621_thumb.jpg

Archived