Instrument cluster failure - 03 Yukon

I've searched and found lots of info on the 'recall' for stepper motor failures on ipc's. I don't think that's the issue here. My instrument cluster died completely. No gauges, display, anything.

It was intermittant at first. It wouldn't come on when it was started, then it would come on after driving it for 5 minutes or so. Now they won't come on at all. I tried swapping the ipc fuse with no success. That's as far as I've gotten in troubleshooting. I thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts. I'm going to pull the cluster out next and make sure the connections in the back are good.

Thanks.

Im 99% sure the power supply is bad on the cluster. Do a search on google for instrument cluster rebuilds. You can find some pretty reasonable places. Theres a guy out of Dallas that does the complete rebuild for around 100 - 120.

if you want something a little differant i had the same problem in my 03 denali. i used digital dash solutions. he is out of connecticut but the work is great. the guy was good to deal with and i got a fully rebuilt escalade face cluster with the chrome bezels and blue pointers for $300. it looks awesome especially lit up at night. i wish i had pics on the computer to post and show. but i only have them on my phone not the computer. just giving another option to check out

I just ordered a Dorman reman unit with lifetime warranty from Summit for 175 bucks. I got the one with the trans temp gauge. This part number 599-301 should probably work for you. Just go to the Dorman website and look up to make sure.

I went with the Dallas cluster repair link above. He's local to me so I drove it over, waited 20 minutes for him to rebuild it and took it home. Works great now. I only needed the power supply, but I had him do a full rebuild including all new servos and lights. He has a lifetime warranty on it.

My name is Scott with Usspeedo. We do rebuilds for 125 plus shipping. Or we can do an exchange program for 199 with a core charge. 249 with trans temp. We also offer upgraded speedometer gauge faces.

Is that trans temp plug and play? Meaning by just using the new panel it will read your trans temp?

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I got a reman cluster with a transmission temp gauge from fixmygauges.com for my 05 Z71 Surburban. The signal for the transmission temp is already in the harness, so just plug it in and its all set.

That is awesome!! Had any issue with the tranny temp or is it working as needed? I'm guessing you didnt have the tranny temp as an option before?

Archived