what was your first ruck?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'76 Gmc Sierra Classic, black with white spoke wheels, factory buckets, air, tilt steering, duel tanks. It had a 454, took it out put in a 350, with Headman Headers and a Holly 4 bbl carb. It was pretty sweet, go like a scared rabbit and surprisingly could fit 6 people in the cab. Those were the days!

1976 Red F-100 Reg. Cab 2wd w/302 sold it for $500 cuz it started knocking harder then me.....then bought a '78 Green F-150 reg.cab w/302 mint. had

it till i married into a GM employee family so......you know the end of the story!

1979 F150 4X4 with a 351. 4" lift and 36" mudders. Beat the piss outta that truck and almost always broke something wheeling it. lol. One time I thought I got away without breaking anything, 2 days later wheel falls off hub and all.

77 Chevy Custom-10. Straight 6 with "three-on-the-tree" column shifter. My grandpa found her on the side of the road for $500. Hated that ugly green the first day I saw it but it sure has grown on me. It's back sitting back home in New Mexico (I'm currently attending school in Idaho), waiting for me to restore her.

That truck is the reason I need a garage when I buy a house :D

1986 K10 longbox in serious mechanical disaray. Within one year, it had a fresh 4" Superlift all spring lift in it, completely rebuilt 1/2 axles/ Dana 44 front with a GM 12 Bolt rear both 3:73 gears with an Auburn LS diff in the back rolling on BFG A/T's 33x12.5-15 on Bart 15x10" chrome wheels. The engine was swapped out for a 406ci small block built by myself that was all factory iron and crank producing 367hp @5200 rpms and 474 lb/ft at 3800 rpms. TH350 trans, built by one of the original designers of the TH350, with a 2000 Coan stall convertor and NP205 gear to gear transfer case. Custom built driveshafts front and rear as well.

While it wasn't pretty what-so-ever, it sure was fun rolling those 33's from a stoplight with no brake torquing needed. A year or two later the 1/2 axles went bye bye for a completely rebuilt Dana 60 front and GM 14 bolt f.f. rear with 4:10 gears and a Detroit locker in the rear. It then was also rolling on 35x14.5-15 Super Swamper SSR radial as well so it was mucho fun anywhere it would fit, off road.

Got into a pinch for money and sold it to a friend who did nothing more than part it out for the money. The cab still sits in the local junkyard where I grew up, along with the frame but anymore, I'd rather have the same truck but a short box and start all over again. :cheers:

Archived