Bluetooth Pairing

2010 Suburban having trouble pairing the bluetooth. When I press and hold the "phone" button I never hear the "ready" or the "beep". After a while the voice will say something to like "bluetooth did not hear anything" ??? Does anyone know where to start?

The talk button in the stearing wheel is help for a least 2 seconds yet the "ready" never comes. The iphone bluetooth is on (it pairs with my wifes ford). Could it possible be a fuse?

Just a wild shot here, but what color is the LED on the right bottom side of your inside mirror when keyed "on" or "acc"? Green? Solid or not? Red? Not on at all? There is a TSB out on Gen 9 Onstar/VCIMs covering various stages of failure and symptoms.

press the phone button on your mirror (for OnStar), does it seem to function properly? if not then there is a problem with the OnStar module, which is where the bluetooth is located.

If you go that route, which you shouldn't have to, make sure the key is off and removed, and that RAP is not active at the time, or the backup battery (BUB) in the VCIM will be activated. Once this happens, it will remain activated until fully drained. The BUB in the VCIM is not replaceable (according to Helm); the VCIM will have to be replaced as an assembly.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the truck went into the Chevrolet Dealership yesterday with the Voice Activation issue and a non-functioning USB port in the center console.

They told me the reason they don’t work is that the navigation DVD is not a GM original.

The disk is hand labeled and was in the unit when the truck was purchased (used).

They told me to order a new DVD disk online from GM to fix the problem.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I don't mind spending a couple of hundred bucks if it fixes the problem but it does seem a little unrelated.

Archived