1500 with 6.2 or 2500 Duramax 6.6?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the more i read this, the more I want a 2011. 50% quieter? wow. Damn, need more money or wait another year...

http://www.popularme...kups-test-drive

"GM says its revamped Duramax is not only more powerful than last year's 365-hp model and cleaner-burning (with DEF injection), but 11 percent more fuel efficient and up to 50 percent quieter at the most common operating speed of 1500 to 1600 rpm."

Then again, I bet the 2014 will have an 8 speed transmission, and get even better fuel economy and more power / torque of course. It never ends!

I may stand corrected on the transmission improvements but yes, everything, bumper to bumper, rubber to floor pan, is new on the 2011 and newer HD trucks from GM.

I'm still going to tell you that if you don't haul heavy loads reguarly, you don't need a D-Max HD truck.

19-22 mpg from a D-Max? Yeah, back in '01 but I've yet to see one turn that mileage on a regular basis sense. My 6.2 will pull down 17-18 mpg on the highway if you don't drive it like a fool.

I may stand corrected on the transmission improvements but yes, everything, bumper to bumper, rubber to floor pan, is new on the 2011 and newer HD trucks from GM.

I'm still going to tell you that if you don't haul heavy loads reguarly, you don't need a D-Max HD truck.

19-22 mpg from a D-Max? Yeah, back in '01 but I've yet to see one turn that mileage on a regular basis sense. My 6.2 will pull down 17-18 mpg on the highway if you don't drive it like a fool.

17-18 US MPG on a 6.2 I doubt it maybe down hill with a tail wind.I also doubt 19-22 from a duramax.I average 19MPG imperial on the HWY not pulling.Still beats my 08 5.3 and the truck weighs almost 4 tons.Drag race who cares unless we both hook up 10,000lb trailers then go!!

Yeah I don't really need the duramax but you only live once and I am enjoying it,especialy when the turbo kicks in.

17-18 US MPG on a 6.2 I doubt it maybe down hill with a tail wind.I also doubt 19-22 from a duramax.I average 19MPG imperial on the HWY not pulling.Still beats my 08 5.3 and the truck weighs almost 4 tons.Drag race who cares unless we both hook up 10,000lb trailers then go!!

Yeah I don't really need the duramax but you only live once and I am enjoying it,especialy when the turbo kicks in.

I have gotten over 20 driving just under 60 on the highway with mine, typically around 16-17 at 75, so no he was not lieing. As far as the diesel mileage, he stated in the pre-emission diesels(pre 07) that 19-22 is possible, which it is.

Powell WY to Vegas and back Averaged 16.9 for the whole trip 40% of trip 70mph on Wyoming 2 lanes,60% of trip 78-82 MPH on I80/I15 which I15 has many chunks of 80MPH Zone. Not a Flat trip,lots of Elevation change.The 6.2 beat last years trip in our 5.3 Suburban because the 6.2 rarely downshifts and the 5.3 is always grabbing a gear,or 3 !

As you can see, I'm not the only one "lieing" to you about the mileage that is achievable with a 6.2. Seems that everybody that owns one that had replied to this thread is a lier as well. We must all fish in our free time too. LOL.

Then again, I too love to start a thread asking questions about something that I know so little about but call the people who do, lier's when they tell me something that may sway my mind the way that I don't want it to go. Must be 22 years old.

Enjoy your Duramax. If I had oodles of money to piss away, I'd have one two.

As you can see, I'm not the only one "lieing" to you about the mileage that is achievable with a 6.2. Seems that everybody that owns one that had replied to this thread is a lier as well. We must all fish in our free time too. LOL.

Then again, I too love to start a thread asking questions about something that I know so little about but call the people who do, lier's when they tell me something that may sway my mind the way that I don't want it to go. Must be 22 years old.

Sounds like you need to read over some posts. I did not call anyone a lier. I do appreciate your post on the changes to the 11 Duramax as I did not know all that had changed. I do not have money to piss away, the whole reason I started this thread was because a used Duramax NBS and used 6.2 are similar prices and I wanted opinions on each. I do not appreciate your previous post and turning it personal.

Sounds like you need to read over some posts. I did not call anyone a lier. I do appreciate your post on the changes to the 11 Duramax as I did not know all that had changed. I do not have money to piss away, the whole reason I started this thread was because a used Duramax NBS and used 6.2 are similar prices and I wanted opinions on each. I do not appreciate your previous post and turning it personal.

I wasn't intentionally calling you a lier about the mileage posts, that was someone else and I needed to be more specific.

Nothing personal against you, my bad.

i got excellent mileage as well. did a couple snowboarding trips in the past few weeks. one was with 3 guys, and a box full of gear, best was 21.7mpg. other trip was 4 guys got 21.2mpg...

these trips we not straight roads either, lots of hills obviously in the mountains. i'm guessing since the highway speeds were lower than usual(90km/h in national parks), and the tonneau cover? On average i'm seeing about 17mpg's. I'm impressed with the mileage, and shell 91 is a big factor. if i fill up anywhere else its about 2mpgs lower

Archived