Need input about Fuel Hostage wheel offset

NWI_#73

Hi Guys, I have a 2008 Silverado z71 that has a 2" (more like 2.25") leveling kit, 3" zone body lift and I am currently running 295/65R18 Goodyear dura trac tires on stock 18" z71 wheels. I am going to be buying Fuel Hostage wheels 18x9 (hopefully ordering today if I can get confirmation off required offset) and I am looking for a moderately agressive stance on my truck...i'm thinking 1/2" - 1" of sticking out beyond the wheel wells but I don't want anything excessive that will destroy my door panels. I also don't want extreme interference when I turn my wheels. I don't want to have to cut metal to get them to clear but I suppose some slight modification may be ok (but not preferred). My question to you professionals is; what back spacing/offset do I need to acquire this look? My preliminary research shows a +20 offset on this wheel will get me what I need but I would like real world input here from you guys who are running this particular wheel or the same offset on a diff wheel but same 18x9. Pictures of your trucks would help a ton also. Thanks so much in advance.

Pics of my truck as it sits with the tires and everything installed are in this thread http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130307&st=0&p=1157322&&do=findComment&comment=1157322

Yes they do. They also come in a +1. I found some pictures earlier of them in a +20 and they look basically flush to the fenders which I do not want. I am leaning towards a +1 now to get me the stance but i'm afraid of major rubbing. I don't think +14 would get me quite the stance I want. Any input?

The +1 will give you a wider stance, but it also increases the chace of rubbing issues. If you plan on running the same size tire you currently have, you might be trimming a good bit. I rub 33x12.50 on a 18x9 +18 wheel, and I have a 4" lift. Your tire is around a half inch narrower, so it's hard to say.

Now question about swap cost. Discount tire said about $100 to swap tires from my stock rims to the fuel hostages along with swapping the TPMS over to them. He also said the sensors would have to go through a re-learn which i'm not sure is true since they are the same sensors and can be installed in the same 4 corners of my truck. Is that reasonable and is the re-learn necessary?

Archived