Can I tow a 6000lbs travel trailer (2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pulling a 26' 5er with a 2007 silverado 1500 crew cab sb. No with 84k miles.. Been doing it since it was new - never a problem. Going from Boston to Wyoming in 3 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Gonna bump this.

Just purchased a 02 Jayco kiwi 23b tt. Never towed with my truck before. looking at the codes I have z71, k5l, z82. I see it's got the 7 pin connector. I assume I should have zero issues hauling it. tt is only rated around 3800lbs. My only thought is the lack of brake controller.

edit...also, even though according to the book, the tow rating gets bumped to 9500lbs, the factory V5 class 3 hitch is still only rated for 6000lbs, no?

Gonna bump this.

Just purchased a 02 Jayco kiwi 23b tt. Never towed with my truck before. looking at the codes I have z71, k5l, z82. I see it's got the 7 pin connector. I assume I should have zero issues hauling it. tt is only rated around 3800lbs. My only thought is the lack of brake controller.

edit...also, even though according to the book, the tow rating gets bumped to 9500lbs, the factory V5 class 3 hitch is still only rated for 6000lbs, no?

You should have 0 issues towing that trailer.

Archived