This sucks - ACL injury

RyanbabZ71

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sucks. I find the older i get the more stuff hurts. I was playing dodge ball ina rec league a couple of months ago and popped my first hamstring in 38 years. Took 4 weeks to get to where i could run again. I have sprained my left ankle probably 5 times in the last 15 years all playing basketball. Like my wife tells me ya gotta be tough if you're gonna be dumb! Best of luck on a speedy recovery! At least you get free home p.t.!

That sucks. I knew someone would make a Camaro comment there too. With your wife's employment, she can likely get you some exercises you can perhaps do before surgery. I know when I was helping out our football teams back in my hs/college days, they'd often have guys who were going in for acl surgery do some prehab beforehand.

With your wife's employment, she can likely get you some exercises you can perhaps do before surgery

Unfortunately there isnt anything that can be done other than ice and elevation to keep the swelling down. The only fix is surgery. I am scheduled for April 30th

Good luck. A girl in my school tore hers completely in track and was back to playing vball near the beginning of the season (she then proceeded to break her other ankle but that doesn't matter right now lol). Follow doctors orders and you'll prolly get cleared early.

Well your not the only one, I am 2 weeks post op from a acl cadavier replacement and a meniscus repair. The post op of not being able to do much of anything sucks the most. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ryan,

Dont stress about it at all man. I am actually on day 8 recovering from knee surgery at home. This is my second one, in a year, on the same knee. This time it was a completely torn MCL. Its not bad at all except for the sleeping part. Best 2 things I can tell you are this. #1 after they hook your IV up, tell the anesthesiologist to give you the drug so you dont remember wheeling to the surgery room, its great. 2nd after you get home ICE it. It is wonderful having the ice on it and actually helps better than the pain pills. Also, if you think you are going to get worked up about it, ask your doctor to write you a script for a single valium. It will relax you before you get to the hospital and it will be all good. I had to do this for my shoulder surgery. That surgery is not f'ing joke. The absolute worse pain I have ever been in, and I have been in ALOT. Anyways man, dont sweat the knee surgery, its not bad at all. Hell I am walking around and have been since day 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember you are only limited in your recovery by the effort you put into your recovery. I know I have been approched by many people who say they had knee surgery and were never the same and look forward to being messed up. Than I notice that they are overweight and seem to have had a sedatariy lifestyle. It is not going to feel good but keep at it lmk how yours goes. I get to walk in 9 days btw and I am at 90 degrees flexion after two weeks of PT.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived