This sucks - ACL injury

RyanbabZ71

Tore my ACL playing soccer 6 years ago. Just started on my job and with their insurance, needless to say the insurance was not happy they got stuck with a $40k bill.

I went the cadaver route and had a ligament put in mine. Been great ever since, rebuilt knee is stronger than the other knee at this point. I also tore the medial meniscus and sprained all of the ligaments and tendons in the knee as well. PT sucked, I was walking 2 days after surgery and climbing stairs at work 5 days later. Those PT girls must of had it in for me, they would try to bend my knee straight out barely 7 days after surgery. I think that is why they only employed hot little young PT's at this place, so I wouldn't want to kill then...lol

40k holy smokes

From what I seen mine was around 14k for the surgery.

PTs are mean I should know I am married to one :) just kidding

Ryan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my right knee fixed on Feb.7. Torn meniscus and some cartiledge removed. I'm 61 years old and the Doc says I may need total knee replacement in a few years. I work outside and should have used kneepads years ago. I have been wearing ace velcro knee support on both knees as left one can be sore. I have swelling and tightness in my repaired leg as was mentioned on here. plowking

I wish I could get my dad to have his knee's replaced. He walks cowboy so bad right now it is not even funny. He is 72 and has had ortho on one knee, I know it would improve his quality of life but he is old school ex-military and just moves on each day.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Amazing you can still put any pressure on it. In the good ole days of 1979 playing FB in college I had a nasty hyperextention to the point my petalla completely cut my ACL in half. When it happened I heard a loud POP before the pain hit. Had reconstructive surgery the next day. My left knee has never been the same since. Good luck with your surgery and your therapy. My wife is also a PT.

Archived