8.1 exhaust mamifold gasket Q's?

Need a couple things answered.

1. Is oem the best replacement? If not what should I go with?

2. Want to replace all the studs with bolts. Not real familiar with this stuff Im having a buddy do it but bringing everything to him. So what size bolts would I need, how many, and what type of washers?

3. For gits and shiggles if I were to get shortys which ones should I go with?

Thanks for any help!

On my phone so please excuse mis-spellings.

Theres only one way to go with headers for an 8.1..its stainless works long tubes, there about $890, but they make 25-35 real HP depending on application and tuning, Shortys are honestly a waist of time.. you might see 6-8 hp at like 4000 rpm,s. I just went thru this..and even after soaking the bolts with pb blaster for a weak 5-8 snapped off in the head and had to be drilled. I would go with good stainless hardware. As soon as cash frees up im getting a set. im in the middle of installing a raylar cam which is 65-70 HP after tuning.. dyno results show 92-98 HP increase with the combination of the lt headers and the cam.. If you get there aluminum heads, you can produce around 520 HP at the crank..

Raylar and stainless works is the only way to go!!! for the 8.1

As far as gaskets..I just used felpro, never had and problems with them.

Im on the fence about keeping the truck much longer since I dont pull anything too terribly heavy anymore thats why I went with the stage 8 as opposed to ARP stainless studs. As far as the headers if I could get them cheap enough I would consider it but $900 would be better spent elsewhere at the moment. Thanks for the info!

Archived