Vibration in v4 mode

My signature states my mods with the exception of recently putting the stock cat back back on. The truck was super loud when I put the long tube LPP headers on even with cats. I added a 26" resonator on it before the dynomax VT muffler and it was still too loud.

Here's my concern, when v4 kicks in I feel a vibration on the left side of the vehicle under my feet. It gets more evident when more load is on the engine just prior to it switching back to v8. Once it's back in v8 the vibration goes away.The vibration is less now that I have the stock exhaust on. Anyone have this same problem? Truck has 45k miles.

Mine does the same thing. Right before kicking back into v8. Almost like a trans slip feeling. One of the main reasons I'm going NON AFM when I get my tune from BB. More of a pain in the butt than something I consider worthwhile IMO

Normal for AFM engines

TSB 06-06-05-001C

"Some customers may comment in a change in the exhaust note or tone when an Active Fuel Management System equipped engine is in 3 or 4 cylinder mode. Some drivers may also notice a very slight vibration in either the accelerator pedal, floor pan, and/or the steering wheel. This is a normal condition for Active Fuel Management System equipped vehicles and no repairs should be attempted."

Customer Information on Active Fuel Management

When the Active Fuel Management System is enabled, physical changes take place within the engine that allow it to run as a 3 or 4 cylinder motor with accompanying additional fuel savings. The change in exhaust tone is expected as all sound from the exhaust is the result of combustion in the engine. The ability to perceive these changes in sound are kept to very minimal levels as the Active Fuel Management System is only activated during a steady state/near steady state driving or during coast down. In both of these situations, the load on the engine is minimal and general exhaust volume (sound) is low. You may give a copy of this bulletin to your customer

Mine does the vibration at 70mph and above. If I'm cruising on the interstate and the truck is in 4-cylinder mode, when I give it gas it feels like I'm running on those rumble strips on the side of the road. It's not as pronounced as the rumble strips, but feels like the trans is slipping or something. Also, it only seems to do it at 70 and above. I hate to drive on the interstate because it drives me nuts now. I have to try to keep it in v8 mode, which I will have done when I get my BB tune soon.

Archived