What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Well I got my latest oil anaylsis back from blackstone.  All looks good.

Had a scare beginning of the year which I never really mentioned as I wanted to see where it was going.  The iron, silicon, and a few other items spiked.  It was odd where it was going.  I thought lets try something so I  swapped out the air filter (was running a K&N) for a stock version and ill be damned all the values dropped to average or below average.  For the last 2 oil changes (7ish months) the results are holding steady.  Blackstone was surprised the air filter change made such improvements.  I am sticking with the stock filter going forward.  
I always thought my oil was dirtier ( blacker) when I I've run my K&N drop in. Like it had many more miles on the oil then there were on it. Wondered if it was all in my mind. I've been thinking about going back to stock for the winter or until I can pick up a full AFE Momentum G/T. At least I can more easily justify more containments with the extra horses.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I stopped using K&N several years ago, since I realized they sacrifice a little filtering for more airflow. I'll take a few HP decrease over increased engine wear. Filters are cheap ... engines, not so much!

Ran a K&N on my Jimmy years ago  but after a friend shared pics of his intake tube after a trip to the dunes on a new K&N with the inside of the tube covered in silt I tossed it. They have great marketing behind a terrible product. 

• Like 1

I noticed the same on my Polaris Sportsman 800 years back - fine silt stuck to the inside of the intake tube. Not good!

They mentioned in my last report that the filter must be doing well to keep silica levels low. Still running the ProDry.

I did the first gear oil change since the rear end rebuild. The magnet had a bit of stuff on it, but not enough to concern me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kLtyZ/comment/1157125427

Apparently I need to watch a tutorial on Imgur, can't figure out how to post pics.

Edited by kstruckcountry

Hauled my new AC home. Buddy and his dad are going to install them tomorrow. Predictably truck didn't care, what's a couple hundred pounds to it anyway. The plastic wrap on the air handler made a ton of noise going down the highway though. 66167b93afa4d5c9a0e702177ee49d9e.jpg

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Glad such a simple change made such a huge difference on your truck Ryan. The old timers on the Cadillac forums regularly preach against such oiled filters, and for good reason. Nearly all the paper filters flow all the air your engine could ever use.

Going to send in my 2nd Blackstone sample this week, my first one came back good. Aluminum was even a touch low. 

Clyde is otherwise good, 48,300 and counting. Alexandra is as well, just gotta get that damn strut on so I can get her moving

Did a some trips to Best Buy and Lowes looking at appliances since everyone has them on sale this month.  Bought an upright freezer online (discount codes + more cash back from my CC) for pickup from one Lowes, went there right after ordering to do some looking around.  While I was doing that they called me and said they didn't have any available even though the website shows 2 those are sold already and just waiting for the customers to set delivery dates.  Said they didn't have any while I happened to be standing in front of the floor model, they don't sell floor models either.  Ended up ordering another one at a different store and made it 10 minutes before they closed to pick up.  Their phone system said they were closed at 1915 even though they closed at 2000.  Got passed around and around and hung up on a couple times but finally confirmed they had one.  People wonder why retail stores are going out of business.  Appliance shopping sucks, still debating on getting a new dishwasher.

Anyone know where or what the fuse is for the backup alert crap is on a 2009 GMC 3500HD Duramax?  I'm tired of hearing it beep at me every time I back up because someone can't design a system that works with a hitch in the receiver.  I push the button to turn the system off but it randomly turns itself back on every now and then and it takes me a while to get it to stay off.  I checked the fuse list under the hood and nothing jumped out at me.

Emailed Chevy about the possibility of using the OEM remote tailgate lock on Clyde. Parts wise I would only need the actuator and a new backup camera, as the camera includes the harness for both the camera and the actuator. I know Pop 'N Lock has an aftermarket option, but this would be much cleaner. That and my wiring skills need work :rolleyes:

Ahh yes, one of GM's finer designs. They must sell 15,000 of those daily ... :sick: